Chapter 16- Betrayal

I ran unnaturally fast towards the pack house. A grin present on my face that I couldn't wipe off even if I wanted to. My hair blew behind me. I reached the pack house in record time.

 Never once slowing down I threw the door open and raced up the stairs. I threw our room door open, my eyes unseeing of what laid in front of me. My smile still present, my eyes shining I took a deep breath

"I-" I started but was cut off.

"-love you." Tammy finished for me but no she wasn't talking to me.

"As I love you." Xander grinned down at Tammy.

My smile didn't waver but instead felt tight and frozen. My muscles clenched and froze as well. My eyes misted over but my smile still didn't fall. My breathing labored as I felt my heart cracked -in two then four then three until it finally shattered. The sound of my pulse was loud and painful in my head. My ears were ringing and my mind felt drowned. I couldn't breathe now. My smile fell. I gripped the doorway for stability. My legs felt cold and numb but my hands were on fire and in pain. My blood pumped painfully through my veins. I coughed trying to find air. I gripped my throat and bent over. 

I was suffocating. The air smelled of the dying arousal they both had so obviously felt. I was dying inside slowly and painfully. My emotions whirled focusing only on pain and hurt.

Xander's head snapped in my direction but Tammy's just slowly turned my way a smug smile gracing her pink lips. Her long blonde hair covered the top of her naked body. Her bottom half hidden under the bed sheets. 
Xander looked to me with irritation but something was off... he looked somewhat to have been in a daze.

 He blinked a couple of times until his eyes widened and he looked like someone dumped a huge bucket of ice water on him as if to wake someone up. He looked at me then back to Tammy. He shook his head frantically with big wide eyes. 

"No, no-" he started but I interrupted.

"No." I whispered, finishing for him. I fell to my knees. Everything was happening in slow motion.

Tears flooded down my face and splashed against the blue carpeted floor.

"Serenity please let me explain. It isn't what it looks like."

I closed my eyes and chuckled humorlessly. How did I know he was going to say that. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. I held my hand up to silence his next words. 

"Don't Xander. Just don't. I can't believe I trusted you. It was a huge mistake. You betrayed and lied to me! You never loved me. I hate you Xander Colmillo and I never want to see you again!" I said calmly.

Xander looked taken aback and pained at what I just said. 
He shook his head and closed his eyes, "No Serenity, that's not true. You love me just like I love y-." He started

“STOP LYING TO ME!” I shrieked. I took a deep breath and held my hand up. "Save it. You don’t have to lie to me anymore. Goodbye Xander." I turned around. And looked over my shoulder looking between a naked Xander and Tammy tangled in the bed sheets. 

"You two deserve eachother. Have a great life with one another." I whispered calmly and walked out of Xander's life...

~*~

I ran through the forest. My face was dry. I couldn’t cry anymore. I wouldn’t dare to cry anymore. Not over him. But even though my face was dry as well as my eyes, it didn’t stop the painful beats of my heart.

He said he loved me. He said forever. He said he would protect me. He said he wouldn’t be Axel. He said he wouldn’t lie. But he did.

Even though he may not have abused me or raped me like Axel, it hurt all the same, possibly even more. I never loved Axel when he abused and raped me, yea it hurt, but I didn’t love him. The pain would have been much worse if I had loved him.

But I loved Xander. I loved Xander with all my heart. But he betrayed me. He slept with Tammy damn it! He never wanted me.

All those words of love and endearment were false the moment they fell of his perfect lips. I shook my head and ran faster and faster. Trying my hardest to leave the pain and past behind but I couldn’t. It was always there. I would do anything to escape it. I just never wanted to feel pain again.

I suddenly stopped and fell to my knees. I couldn’t feel any tears so I just let dry sobs and heaves rack my body. I was loud, my cries echoing and ricocheting of the trees. I wasn’t surprised that he found me.

I didn’t even flinch when his hands rested on my shoulders almost father-like. Nausea began in the pit of my stomach and I recoiled away from his touch.

He sighed “You could have escaped this.” He kneeled in front of me and replaced his hands on my shoulders.

I buried my face in my hands. My dry cries were muffled. “I know.” I sobbed out.

He brushed a strand of hair back from my hot and sweaty face. He grasped my wrists ever so lightly and pulled them down removing my hands from my face. My head hung down as I stared painfully at the green grass. It was soft to my bare calves. My shoes were long gone- hidden deep within the forest. Ariana was going to be upset with me.

That struck a new nerve in me. How was I supposed to face them!? How was I supposed to look into their eyes? All I would see is pity. And I can’t stand for pity- not anymore.

“Will you take up my offer now? Stay with my pack. Escape the pain Serenity. Be what you were destined to be.” He shook my shoulders with the last part. I looked up into his eyes.

What would I do? I couldn’t go back to Axel. I couldn’t go back to Xander. I couldn’t be around any of them. I was alone. I’ve always been alone- from the very start. It had always been my destiny to live an unhappy life of pain and sadness. But I couldn’t take that anymore.

I didn’t want to live but I didn’t want to die either.

“You won’t be alone Serenity, not anymore.” He promised.

I stared at him expressionlessly. I’ve made up my mind. There was nothing left for me here in California.

“I’ll go with you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun Dun Duuunnn! One more chapter to go everybody and then the epilogue and then the sequel!!! :D

Plese Remember to

FAN

VOTE

AND COMMENT!!!! XP