Chapter 17- Transformation

AAAHHH THE LAST CHAPTER ENJOY!!! THE EPILOGUE WILL BE POSTED BY THE END OF THIS WEEK AND THEN I SHALL TAKE A VERY BRIEF AND SHORT BREAK AND THEN I WILL POST THE SEQUEL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17- Transformation

I watched the trees fly by. I turned to the driver’s seat.

“You never told me your name.” I mumbled. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I cast my eyes down.

“Archer. Alpha to the Dark Mountain Pack.” He grunted as he pulled into the forest and onto a dirt road. It wasn’t long until we pulled up to a large cabin.

“How many pack member are there?” I asked as I got out of the car. The cabin didn’t look like it could fit the average pack size.

“Twenty pack members.” He said as he closed his car door. We walked up the porch steps and went in through the door. The cabin was bustling with life. People went in and out of doors. A small form rounded its way around the corner and bumped into my legs.

He fell to the floor with and audible ‘oomph’.  He looked up at me and I almost ‘awed’ at his innocent cerulean blue eyes. He cocked his head to side as confusion flitted across his face. I crouched down to his level and smiled at him.

“What’s your name little guy?” I held my hand out. He timidly placed his small soft hands in my hand and I pulled him up. Straightening my back so I was at eye level with him I cocked my head to the side.

“Charlie.” he clasped his hands behind his back and looked at me from under his long lashes. He was a shy one.

“Well Charlie, aren’t you a cute little thing.” I grinned ruffling his black hair. He smiled at me and threw himself at me. His hands reached up and around my neck and his small little body sat on my lap as I fell back on my ass.

He buried his head in the crook of my neck and exhaled. I smiled and patted his back. “How old are you?”

“I’m six years old.” He said pulling away from my neck. He held six fingers up and grinned showing me his teeth. He had a few missing but it only made him cuter.

“Are you my sister?” he asked playing with a strand of my hair. I tensed. I looked up at Archer questionably and he made a gesture with his hand that I took for ‘I’ll tell you later’.

“I’ve got to go.” I picked him up off me and placed him on his feet on the floor.  I got up but stopped when I felt a poke on my bare calf. I looked down to see Charlie looking up at me sadly.

“Are you?” he asked sadness filling his voice.

“Sorry.” I mumbled. I couldn’t get too close to people. His bottom lip quivered and he walked away sadly. I stared after him my heart filling with sorrow before it turned to a cage of no emotion.