Prologue

Edited by Love_Dream_Smile

(Banner by natsakisbae)Prologue

Prologue

The stones and twigs were digging into my feet. Running. I was running. Running away from him yet he was getting closer, and closer. I was on the road, my feet pounding against the forest floor but I could feel him right behind me, chasing me like we were playing a cat and mouse game. His presence made adrenaline flow through me and I pushed my legs to go faster. Suddenly, a car came out of nowhere, speeding straight towards me. The last thing I saw was the concrete. But, I know he will come and find me.

-

"You're awake?" I blinked my eyes open and was greeted by a lanky looking cop.

I nodded, my head was aching, I had bruises on my arms and on the side of my stomach. My lip was swollen and cut. I could smell the distant smell of disinfectant.

"Can you tell me what you remember?" The cop asked. The memory of the other night rushed to me, immediately making me tense up.

"I was ru-running." I said quietly looking down at my cut up hands, bruised purple with distinctive marks on them.

"Why?" The cop asked writing it all down. Looking around, I noticed nobody was here; he could come here any moment. I was protected by only one lanky looking cop.

"I was running from him." I whispered not saying anything else.

"Who is he?"

Silence from me.

"Amber."

Again silence.

"Amber, are you ok?"

Silence. I drifted into darkness. I hadn't heard the rest of what he was saying apart from the last few words.

"Doctor, come here!" The cop said walking back out.

-

"Miss, wake up." I was being nudged and my breathing increased. I could feel my throat getting dryer.

"Where's her family?" The doctor asked.

"They're all gone." The cop said looking at my file.

They're not all gone. One was left and he was coming for me.

I had to leave, before I got hurt even more or when he started hurting innocent people.