Chapter III

Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"You ok." A man said helping me up.

"Yeah fine, just trying to sort my laptop out." I said trying again to connect it to the screen.

"Let me help." He said and did it in a meet 2 seconds.

"I'm Amber, Amber Grey". I said sticking my hand out.

"Taylor Daniels." He said shaking my hand. "Your the new English Teacher." He said to me.

"Yep, and you teach." I said wondering, I could become friends with Taylor.

"English as well." I smiled and we talked a bit till the class was waiting outside.

"I better go, I'll show you around at break if you want." He told me. I smiled and nodded, he walked out as a class started to come in. They all sat down near there friends, I decided to let them stay there but if they were bad I would make a seating plan.

"So I just want to get to know each of you, I'm Miss Grey, and I would like to just know a little about each of you, so let's just go around, say your name, where your from, and your favourite book. We'll start here." The class groaned and did it, they were quiet grouchy. They did it I was up to final people.

"I'm Lauren, I'm from Canada, and I like reading fantasy books." She said her accent was clear and visible.

There was a boy next to her, that table had a mix of boys and girls, so I'm guessing there was no judgement.

"I'm Matt, I'm from Brooklyn, and I like reading magazines and cars." He said smiling, they all said a mix of stuff.

"Now your turn Miss." One of the boys said.

"I'm Miss Grey, I'm from California, Los Angeles to be precise, and I like reading fantasy and romance books." I said to them.

"Why did you move?" Lauren asked.

"I wanted a fresh start." I said trying to forget.

"Ok, class, let's start, we will be reading some english texts and I want you to draw a table comparing both of the texts." I said showing the first text. I handed out a copy. "You can highlight it and the second one." I let them do their work, whilst I set up my next lesson which was teaching grade 12, the seniors, they wouldn't even be bothered as it is there last year, well that's how I felt.

Grade 10 is easier, to teach.

They finished and some of them showed the comparison and differences, I showed them an example of an A* paragraph which they could try. I set homework for them to do which they reluctantly agreed.

I had the seniors and they were tall, like the girls who wore heels were taller then me, and dressed better then me. The boys were just naturally tall. Everyone was taller then me.

I wasn't gonna do the exercise of getting to know each other. I said my name and we just did some work. They did mess about a bit.

"You lot can mess about, but in the end I get paid but you just get dumber and miss out." I said not bothering with some of them, they heard and calmed down.

"I gave you lot a chance letting you sit next to your friends, I have you lot tomorrow, you will be seated where I tell you to sit." I said and dismissed them.

It was homeroom now, and it was a mix of kids from all years, the Grade 9's looked scared of the Grade 12's it was funny. I made sure not to place any of them next to each other. I made them go in pairs and let them talk to the person. It was easier as I could plan for my next lessons.

It was finally break and Taylor came to my room.

"Hey." I said to him.

"Hi." He said happily, his blonde hair was up and his brown eyes looking bright.

"This is the staff room." He said showing where some adults were, I hated seeing adults, so I would probably eat in my room for lunch.

He showed me where everything was and he left as a teacher needed to ask him something. I went back to my classroom.

The day went fast after that. The assembly was boring, I swear I saw a kid sleeping. I took my laptop, and closed my room. I went to my car and drove back to my apartment. I parked in the underground garage and walked to the elevator, I was gonna have to make a seating plan for the students in my senior class.

This is gonna be a long night.