Chapter 5

She pulls away from Christian, the gothic boy I once knew. "Rose," she cried with an expression on her face that was mixed with happiness, over joy, and terror or disappointment.

She pulled me in for a hug and we just stood there rocking a bit.

"You grew you hair out," I said, looking at her and touching that smooth blonde streak, "and gotten a tiara."

"And engaged," she said leaning away from me and revealing the diamond ring on her left hand.

"OH MY GOD!!!!!" I screamed jumping up and down. We stood their and gossiped for a while, forgetting everything that has happened for the past 4 years. I took her hand in mine and started to rotate her ring around and around on her finger.

Like a flash, my vision zoomed out, swirled and it was like getting flashes of the past 4 years.

I gasped as the ringing in my ears amplified. "Rose?! Are you okay?" She gripped my hand as the images came faster and faster.

"It's been... so long since I've used the bond, I learned to block it out, or just see bits and pieces, like last night, and now, reuniting with you, it flows back to me." I see the moment when Christian asked Lissa to marry him, it was more romantic than anything I've ever seen. They were surrounded by candle light, and fireworks going off from her hands.

"It'll pass," she said touching my cheek.

And then images were over. Some I didn't get to see the whole scene and understand. Some I only got a second or two, but it ended; quickly.

Rae seemed to take a step forward and be concerned. Lissa looked up at Rae.

"Oh," she said, "Who are you?"

"I'm her best friend," Rae said crouching by my side. Lissa seemed to tense at this. "My name is Racheal, you can call me Rae. Is she okay?"

I nodded, "I'm fine, Rae, thanks... Lissa, this is Rae, a best friend of mine that took me in when... the whole situation happened."

Lissa's face rose again, "Oh," she said, "Thanks you for keeping her safe."

"Rae this is Lissa, my greatest and treasured childhood friend."

Lissa scoffed a bit, "Who you kidding? I was your only childhood friend."

Rae and Lissa became friends at once and started to click. They stopped talking only long enough for Lissa hear the whine of my children.

"Mommy?" Damon called Mariah's head sitting on his lap.

"'Mommy'?" I could tell that Lissa somehow felt betrayed, and really, really confused.

I glanced over at her and shook my head. "Later."

Headmistress walked in then and started giving us orders. "It's been a long night," she said making the effort to hide her fangs, "These men will show you to your rooms."

Lissa took my hand, "You will be staying with me tonight," she told me, not having no for an answer.

"Umm... I don't think I want to leave my-"

"Mooooommmmmyyyyyyy....."

I sigh and say, "Damon, what's Mommy always say?"

Damon said, "'Don't hesitate'?"

Mariah corrects him and says, "Patience is a virtue."

 Lissa laughs rather loudly. "Patience? From you?" She clears her throat when I gave her a glare to stop setting a bad example for my kids. She mouthed, 'Sorry.'