Chapter 10

I can't believe this anymore... I'm back. At the Academny. A place I swore to never return to. And now, Dimitri knows the one thing I never wanted him to.

As I walked toward my room, I wondered what Mariah and Damon would say to Dimitri's request?

Yes? No? On the weekends? Will they love him more than me?

I sighed, opening the door and walking in. Damon was sitting on the bed on his side, holding his stomach.

"Hey there, Little Solider, how do you feel?" I greeted him.

"I'm fine, Mamma, just a tummy ache," he gave me a sad smile trying to reassure me, but I didn't buy it.

"My brave Little Solider," smiling I smoothed his hair over, out of his eyes. "Let's take your tempter?"

He nodded and swallowed, wincing a little bit. "Okay," he groaned out.

"Baby, don't lie to me? What all hurts?" He pointed to his forehead, stomach, and throat. I nodded, silently telling him I understood. "Okay," I went over to the window and picked up the phone. Dialing a familiar number, I call the doctor who lives in the Academy. "Hey... Yeah, long time no see! Want to change that? .... Well, my son is a little sick, and I don't know exactly with what.... Take a look at him? .... Thanks so much!" I give her where we were staying and hang up the phone.

Mariah was in the corner, turning on the TV for them to watch.

I don't leave Damon's side when I ask, "Mariah, your father... Well, he wants to see you..."

She nodded waiting for me to continue "Do... Do you want to see him?" She was silent, and I waited for her answer.

I didn't know if how she felt about getting to know her father, she had a right too. I knew she thought about it a lot... And even if I didn't want her too, didn't mean it was right to force them to be apart.

I thought she would go with whatever option I wanted, and I wanted her to be happy! So, I said selflessly, "I want you to do whatever you think is right. Fallow your heart.... Do you want to get to know your father?"

She looked away from the TV to me. She slowly shook her head no.

"What!" Damon shot up from the bed. "Sissy, why not?"

Well, I guess he just answered that question of if he wants to get to know Dimitri....

"Because, Damon, he left us. He might have not known about us," she squeaked, "but he left and hurt Mommy... He left and chose to. When he did, he gave up the right to call her 'wife'. He gave up the right to have us call him 'father'. He hurt my family. I don't want to know a man that does that to family. He doesn't deserve to know me. Or you."

He nodded his agreement and left the subject for another time for them to talk about, but I could tell he wants to talk to his father. And I mean, Why shouldn't he?!?!?

I gently laid him back down on the bed and rubed his shoulder. "How about," I said, "he'll come here for lunch, and check in on how your doing?"

I swear I think that kids smile could light up the world! Dimples and all! "Really?" he asked already excited.

Mariah turns back toward the TV, probably feeling hurt that Damon sided with a stranger instead of his family. But, I didn't let it get to me that much.

I smile back at him, "Really."

There was a knock on the door and I go to open it.

"Hi, doctor," I greet her ushering her inside.