Perfect - ChrisMD

Title: Perfect
Pairing: ChrisMD x Reader
Requested(?) yes
Warnings: none
Based on the song Perfect by Ed Sheeran, I highly suggest you listen to it while reading!
---

-But darling just kiss me slow, your heart is all I know.-

Chris and I have always been together. For as long as I can remember Chris had always been there for me, through thick and thin.

We were the type that were always teased by our parents with constant comments about getting married some day.

Today was that day. I was finally officially joining the Dixon family.

My mom walked into the room where Chris' mom and all of my bridesmaids gathered around me.

"You look so amazing." Tears were springing to her eyes.

"Please don't cry mom, you'll make me cry."

"I'm sorry. I just remember when you and Chris were just five years old and he ran up to you and kissed you and you recoiled and ran away screaming about him giving you cooties." Everyone laughed and I heard a knock on the door.

"Places everyone." My dad said opening the door.

Each of my bridesmaids found the groomsmen they would be walking down the aisle with and I gave my mother a kiss on the cheek and my dad took my arm in his and I smiled at him.

"My little girl is getting married." I was shaking with anticipation.

I wanted to see him. I was mentally a mess but I was physically ready to conquer the world.

The music started to play and everyone started walking in. I was the last - of course - and when I entered all of the murmuring stopped. Everyone seemed to be focused on the girl in white walking down the aisle.

My eyes were fixed on Chris who looked like he had tears in his eyes.

My dad kissed my cheek and handed me to Chris.

-When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath but you heard it darling you look perfect tonight.-

My thoughts were confirmed when Chris wiped a tear from his cheek.

I felt my own tears coming and I mumbled under my breath.

"I look like a mess." I said softly, chuckling a bit.

"You look perfect." He whispered back.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Christopher Michael Dixon and Y/n Y/m/n y/l/n." Everyone intently listened as the preacher went through the routine words.

"I understand you have written your own vows?" We both nodded and Chris looked to me.

"Y/n from the day I met you I knew I loved you. I know it sounds cheesy but it's true. I never knew how much a person could mean to me until I sat in bed one night listening to a playlist you had sent me and realized that I was completely in love with you." I was completely choked up and so was he. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"I have never been happier than I am in this moment right now so I want you to know that I am one hundred and ten percent in love with you and want to spend the rest of my life proving that to you." Everyone let out an 'aww' at this and I took this as my turn.

"Chris, where do I begin? You're my everything. My rock, my lover, but most importantly, my best friend. Every moment we spend together feels like a century and I wouldn't change that for the world. When I look in your eyes I see my future and I see your love for me. I hope that's what you see when you look into my eyes as well. I love you Chris, and I'm willing to spend eternity proving it to you."

-I see my future in your eyes.-

"Do you, Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n take Christopher Michael Dixon to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, for long as you both shall live?"

"I do." I said confidently.

"And you you, Christopher Michael Dixon take Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, for long as you both shall live?"

"I do." He said. I broke out into a smile.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride." Chris smiled and leaned forward, taking my waist and dipping me slightly and kissing me.

The room erupted into cheers and Chris pulled away, holding onto me.

"You're officially a Dixon." He whispered to me.

"I'm a Dixon." I repeated.

There was only one way to describe today: perfect.