Talk Down - ChrisMD

Title: Talk Down
Pairing: ChrisMD x Reader
Requested(?): yes
Warnings: none

---

As I laid on the couch in my flat, my cat jumped up onto my lap requesting attention. I began to pet her and watch my television screen. I had been mindlessly watching Netflix for the past few hours waiting for night so I could head out on the town with my friends.

>>> hey are you home?

I had received a text from Chris and I immediately perked up, wanting to hang out with someone.

<<< yeah yeah, you coming round?

>>>  yeah I'll be there in like 5

I sat up and decided I should probably start to get ready. I grabbed my outfit for the night and switched into it, smoothing out my top and looking for a pair of shoes to match.

There was a knock at the door and I groaned, getting up and rushing to the door.

"Oh it's just you." I said opening the door to see Chris.

"It's nice to see you too." He replied sarcastically.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I know I know." He hopped on my bed and watched as I struggled to find a pair of shoes.

"Okay Chris, serious question." He turned his attention to me and I held up two pairs of shoes.

"The strappy sandals or the nude heels?"

"The sandals. I don't want you to be taller than me." I laughed and nodded, putting the sandals on.

"I need to do my makeup but I don't want to do my makeup." I complained in a sing-song voice.

"Well then don't do makeup?" He suggested. I gave him an 'are you joking' look and he just shrugged.

"Chris. I'd like to actually have some male attention at some point in my life."

"You get plenty of male attention as is."

"Not the right guys I guess." I started to do my makeup and the room went silent for awhile. After I had finished I stood up, stretching and cracking my knuckles.

"God I hate that." Chris shuddered at the sound. To be annoying, I tried to crack as many parts of my body as possible. "You're going to kill me!" He screamed as I continued the practical assault.

"That's the plan." I smiled and stood back up, checking the time. "Oh Chris we need to get going! We were supposed to be meeting them twenty minutes ago."

"Well let's head out then." He grabbed his phone and we left, calling an uber to come and pick us up. We both knew that we would most likely end up drunk off of our asses so we decided not to drive.

Once we had entered the club Chris grabbed my waist to lead me through - a gesture he frequently did when we were out so he wouldn't lose me in the crowd.

"Hey guys!" I greeted our friends who were sitting around a table. We all ordered drinks and began our night.

"Hey what about him!" Freya asked, pointing out a taller lad who was eyeing our table.

"What about him?" Simon poked his nose into the conversation.

"We're trying to find Y/n a boyfriend." I laughed and Simon raised his eyebrows at us.

"Weird you lot." He said.

"You're just jealous she doesn't want to date you." Freya said making everyone around the table yell.

"Yeah I don't know about him, seems way out of my league." I said taking another sip of my drink.

"He's so not out of your league! If anything you're out of his league." Emily - Ethan's girlfriend - stated.

"I really appreciate the compliment but I'm literally a soggy potato."

"Stop! Y/n I'm so sick of hearing you talk down on yourself! You're genuinely one of the most beautiful girls I have met in my entire life and you're always talking bad about yourself. You keep saying you want a boyfriend but don't realize that I'm right here in front of you." Chris let out. He then stood from the table and walked away.

"Oh my god." I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Go after him!" They all screamed at me. I jumped from my seat, steading myself for a second and then heading for the door.

I stepped into the crisp London air, crossing my arms over myself and looking for Chris. I found him down the street leaning against a building.

"Chris?" He turned to me and he sighed, leaning his head back and closing his eyes. "I'm so-"

"Please, if you're going to tell me you don't feel the same, don't. I'll just forget anything ever happened and get over you."

"Chris I wasn't going to say that. I was going to apologize for how I've been talking about myself. I never realized how much I actually shit talked."

"It bothered me so much. I hated seeing you talking so badly about yourself when I saw you as the complete opposite. It was a difference like black and white." He fiddled with his hands and I walked towards him. I put my arms around his waist and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"So... you want to be my boyfriend." I teased.

He let out a laugh and wrapped his arms around me. "You have no idea."

"I'd love to be your girlfriend Chris." I said in a soft voice. He caressed my cheek and looked into my eyes.

"Y/n, even though I admitted my feelings in a terrible way and I'm extremely flustered right now, I'd like to ask you to be my girlfriend."

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend. How could I say no? I've had a crush on you for so long, I was just too scared to say anything."

"Well now I'm glad my outburst happened." He laughed and I joined, hugging him tight.

He once again put his hand on my cheek and lifted my face towards his, leaning in and pressing his lips to mine. And even in the cool London air, the kiss was warm and passionate.

He pulled away and let out a breath. "Yeah, I'm really glad that outburst happened." He smiled at me with the widest grin on his face.

I reciprocated the smile, "So am I."