Pluviophile - Lachlan

Title: Pluviophile
Pairing: Lachlan x Reader
Requested(?): yes, and I love it.
Warnings: none

---

Australia isn't normally a place that rains very often, but when it does, I find myself being in an extremely good mood.

The rain has always calmed me down. From the thunder, to the lightning, to the gentle 'pitter patter' of the raindrops hitting the ground. Everything about it makes me want to get up and do something. Unfortunately, the rain stops most activities from happening.

Today was an especially rainy day here in Brisbane and I had a whole day of activities planned.

I heard my phone ring and I picked it up, answering the call.

"Hey Y/n, mind if I come over and enjoy a nice day in?" Lachlan asked me.

"I don't mind at all, I have board games that we can play and plenty of movies to watch."

"Sounds perfect, I'll see you after a bit." We hung up and I went to the closet to grab out monopoly. This game normally ensues arguments and a whole day of frustrating fun.

I had just finished up assembling the game when my front door opened and Lachlan called out that it was just him. I stood up to meet him by the door, seeing he had an overnight bag with him.

"We're turning this into a sleepover now yeah?"

"I figured you would want some company on one of your favorite nights." He was referring to the rain and how I could fall asleep like a baby listening to it.

"You know me so well." He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. His hands traveled down to my butt and I pulled away from his lips and grabbed his ever roaming hands.

"Not right now mister. I have to kick your ass at monopoly." He laughed and followed me to the living room.

"No you can't take boardwalk! God damnit!" I yelled as he landed on boardwalk and bought it.

"You took reading railroad from me!" He argued back. He had a point but I wasn't about to let him get away with this.

"I'll trade you reading railroad and five hundred bucks for boardwalk." He pondered this deal for a few seconds before handing me boardwalk.

"Deal." We shook hands and went on with our intense game.

"Hah hah I won you lost." Lachlan cheered himself on as he won the game.

"You're a child." I said amused, watching as the tall boy danced around me.

"I'm the child? Says the one who almost cried over the greens."

"I'm very serious about my monopoly Lachy." I said standing up to meet him.

"I know you are babe. Too bad you're not good at it." I gasped and held my heart.

"No kisses for you then!" I said.

"What no fair cmon babe." He pulled me towards him and tried to kiss me but I pressed my lips shut. "I'll get you to kiss me one way or another." I was quite satisfied with making him work for a kiss, so I decided to see how long it would last.

Throughout the movie we watched, Lachlan cuddled me and tried to steal a few kisses but I kept turning my head so he would kiss my cheek.

"You're killing me Y/n." He said with a pout on his lips.

After the movie had finished, I decided to be completely stupid and go play in the rain like a child. I put on my sweater to shield me from some of the rain and my flip flops.

I opened my door and ran out into the pouring rain, Lachlan following behind. I jumped in puddles and caught rain on my tongue and even slid around on the wet grass.

As I ran around the yard enjoying my time, Lachlan grabbed my waist and spun me towards him, pressing his lips to mine so quickly I didn't have time to remember why I wasn't letting him kiss me before.

A kiss in the rain always seemed so cliché and pointless to me but now I see what everyone was talking about. It was a passionate feeling that made me want to get closer to him.

"You finally kissed me." He said with a small smile on his face.

"How could I resist my first kiss in the rain?" I asked rhetorically.

"Speaking of, we better get back inside before one of us gets sick."

-

"Lachlan I'm sorry I took you out in the rain. I didn't actually think you'd get sick." I felt my boyfriends head the next day as he complained about not feeling well.

"It's fine babe, it was worth it." He sniffled and grabbed a tissue.

"I'll make you some tea, you lay down and rest." I headed for the door, hearing him say my name softly.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I love you." He said with a small on his face.

I smiled back and let out a breath. "I love you too Lachlan."

I made him a cup of hot tea and took it back up to him in bed, seeing he had already fallen asleep.

I smiled at him sleeping there and quietly crawled into bed next to him, cuddling to him to keep him warm while he slept.

"Sweet dreams Lachlan." I whispered kissing his forehead and rolling over to fall asleep.