:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 3] //An Original Story//

I'm tired. lol. It's only almost 1am. I hate going to sleep on the weekends. But I am soooo tired. I don't have anything to say. So yeah. Chapter 3. I love writing this story. It's my favorite :) It gets kind of exciting in this chapter!!! :D Please enjoy, comment and vote! Even though I have still yet to figure out what voting does...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stared at the grisly pictures horrified, the images stuck in my head. The last picture wasn't as bad. It was just an image of a gas station.

"Hey!" Hudson shouted, almost to me now.

I stared at him, horrified. "You... you're psycho!" I shouted, stumbling backwards. "What in the world is this?"

"Let me explain," Hudson said calmly, holding up his hands.

"Stay away from me!" I warned, clutching the macabre pictures and notebook to my chest. "I'm going to call the police!"

"Whoa, calm down," he responded, his face getting serious. "Just hand that back over and-"

"I won't!" I cried, turning to run. "I'm calling the police!"

There was a strong grip on my arm, pulling me back. I spun in a half circle and landed against the side of the bridge. Hudson put a hand on either side of me, and his knee between my legs. I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Are you going to let me explain now?" he questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

I stared at him, nodding my head slightly.

"I can predict the future."

I snorted, rolling my eyes. "You really are crazy."

Hudson smiled. "Let me continue. I can only see future disasters though. You see those photos in your hand? They help me predict where and when the disaster will occur. When I figure out when and where, I can then go and stop it from happening."

I looked at the photos in my hand and back at Hudson. "You expect me to believe that?"

"Well, yes," he said frankly, a grin on his face. "Since it's the truth."

"So you're saying you have these gruesome pictures so you can predict future disasters and try to stop them?" I muttered trying to gather the information he just gave me.

"Yep."

"As if I'll believe that!" I cried flinging my hand backwards; letting both the notebook and photos fall into the waters below.

Hudson shoved me to the side and with a giant leap; he jumped over the bridge railing and into the waters below. I gasped and leaned over the railing.

"Hudson!"

He disappeared under the water for a few moments and I began to panic. Was he serious about this? His head popped up moments later and he began to swim towards the photos that were being washed down river. The small black notebook was in his hand.

I hurried of the bridge and down to the riverbank, following along as he got swept down stream. I watched as he got a hold of all four photos and began to swim towards the shore. I slid down the steep hill and clamored into the water, soaking myself. Hudson swam right up to me, coughing and wheezing. I grabbed him and pulled him over to the bank, laying him in the grass.

He breathed heavily for a few minutes, than started laughing.

"Wow, that was thrilling!" he cried, turning his head to look at me. "That just made my day."

I stared at him with my mouth open. "Are you crazy? That was dangerous! Why in the world did you jump in?"

Hudson's face grew serious again. "You threw my predictions into the water. I need these or else people will die."