:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 12] //An Original Story//

"Hudson... you're hair."

Hudson grinned at me. "That was just like déjà vu!"

Hudson's hair had now returned to his original black color. All evidence of it being brown was gone. Hudson nodded his head and pulled out a strand looking at it before pushing pass me and into my house. I rolled my eyes, but let him come in anyways.

"I liked the brown, but I rather have black."

"Why did you dye it then?"

"So that 'prosecutor' person wouldn't recognize me. And it worked didn't it?"

"Hold on," I said, narrowing my eyes at him. "You knew he was going to be there?"

"In a way..." Hudson responded sheepishly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded, crossing my arms and glaring at him. "That would have saved me a nice bruise!"

"I didn't know where he was going to be, all I knew was that he was going to show up. Sorry, Willow."

I clicked my tongue at him. "You still could have at least warned me."

"I could have."

I turned to see Hudson chuckling to himself and I rolled my eyes. I would never depend on this guy for anything.

"What are you doing tonight?" Hudson asked, settling himself on my couch and taking off his shoes.

I watched him with a frown on my face. "Since when did I say you could make yourself at home at my house?"

Hudson grinned. "Oh come on, we're neighbors. We basically live together!"

"No we don't."

Hudson grinned faded slightly, but not all the way. "I let you make yourself at home in my apartment."

"I've never been in your apartment."

As I said that, the thought registered in my head. I actually had never been into Hudson's apartment. He came into mine all the time, but I've never been in his. He raised an eyebrow.

"Is your door unlocked?" I asked.

"Yeah... why?"

I twisted on my heel and ran for the door. I heard Hudson get off the couch and start running after me. I winged open my door and shut it in Hudson's face, quickly jumping over to his door. I grabbed the handle and pulled hard. To my surprise, instead of the door opening, I was falling. I landed on my butt hard.

I looked at my hand and made a face. It was covered with black stuff.

My door opened and Hudson stopped when he saw me on the ground and started laughing. I scowled at him and wiped my hands on my pants.

"What the heck is on your door handle?" I demanded, pushing myself to my feet.

"Oil. I was fixing my car earlier," Hudson told me, still slightly chuckling.

"Shut up," I muttered, walking back to his door and getting a firmer grasp on the handle.

I pulled the door open, but only got about four inches before Hudson shut it with his hand, the oil making my hand slip off the knob. I turned and glared at him.

"You come in my house all the time! Let me in yours!"

"Nope," he responded with a smirk. "It's top secret in there."

"Whatever." I turned on my heel and started towards my house. There was no way I was getting in when Hudson was there and the doorknob was slick.

Hudson started to follow me and I turned and raised an eyebrow.