:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: Twenty-Seven] //An Original Story//

"Emmery! Emmery, what's wrong? Calm down!"

I felt something shaking me and after I second I realized I was out of my vision, and still screaming. I immediately stopped, covering my mouth with my hand.

Matt stared at me, his face pale. "What's wrong?"

"Hudson," I choked, my voice constricted with panic.

"What about him?"

"I saw him in my vision! I think he fell off a building," I explained, forcing myself to remember what the place looked like. "The building was really familiar... I've definitely been there before."

"What did it look like?" Matt asked.

I twisted my mouth. "I couldn't tell a lot because it was dark, but it was about three stories. And old. It kind of looked like it had been abandoned."

"Anything else?"

"Part of the roof and wall were collapsed... and it was in the middle of nowhere. It looked like it had been... on..." I trailed off, my eyes growing wide.

"Looked like it had been what?" Matt pressed.

"On fire," I whispered to him.

Matt looked at me in confusion for a few seconds. Then his eyes widened and his mouth opened in shock.

"The place where I tried to kill you?" he finally said.

I nodded quickly. "It's definitely that place! I remember now! Part of the wall and roof had collapsed before I escaped! Exactly where it had collapsed in the vision!"

"But that's all the way across town! We won't have time-"

"We need to get out of here," I told him, cutting him off. "Help me."

"Help you what?"

I walked over to the door and started kicking it with my foot. I gestured with my head for Matt to do the same. He watched me apprehensively.

"This is public property. That's illegal..."

I gave him a flat look. "Will you stop with the illegal stuff? You tried to kill me once! I'm sure busting down a door to save a friend is justified! Now help!"

Matt smirked and rolled his eyes before joining me at the door.

"Back up," he ordered.

"Why?"

"I can handle this myself."

"You sure?" I asked.

"Go," he said, pushing me back.

I went behind him and he backed up a few feet away from the door. In one fast movement, his leg hit the center of the door, making it crack slightly. He repeated the movement, and a hole appeared.

I watched in slight astonishment. "Did you take karate?"

"Since I was five," he replied with a wink.

He stuck his hand through the hole he made and reached around for the door handle. After a moment, I heard a jiggle and Matt pulled the door open.

Matt turned and grinned at me. "Who's the man?"

"Let's go!" I cried, pushing past him and out of the room.

I paid no attention to the items on the floor as I bolted for the exit of the store. I stumbled once, but managed to catch myself. Matt stayed right behind me.

"My car's this way," he told me when we made it outside.

"Ok."

We ran down the street to where Matt's car was parked and I quickly got in the passenger's side. Matt hopped into the driver's side and started the engine immediately, peeling out in the street.