:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 33] //An Original Story//

"Mind control?"

Emmery turned to face me. Her eyes had the black to them again. She smirked.

My eyes widened. Mind control? That was impossible! But what other reason could it be? And, after all, we were dealing with the Butterfly, who had the ability to disappear into thin air...

I watched Emmery carefully. She stood where she was, staring me down.

How could I pull her out of it? How did she get out before? Could I talk her out of it?

"Hey, Willow," I started, taking small steps closer to her. "Your under a mind control... wake up."

She didn't respond at all. She just kept giving me an emotionless look. I frowned.

"What do you want to do?"

"Kill you," she responded softly, her face emotionless.

"So you want to be a murderer, then?" Matt called, staggering towards us.

"You shouldn't walk," I warned him.

"I'll be fine," he responded simply.

Emmery's eyes slid to Matt for a split second, but they quickly returned to me. I scowled slightly.

"Snap out of it Emmery! You were just fine! What's wrong now?" I demanded, nearly shouted.

Emmery stayed quiet, staring at me.

I scowled in frustration. "Okay. If we can't wake you up by talking, I'm afraid we'll have to resort to some violence."

Matt looked at me in shock. "What?"

I gave him a flat look. "It's the only thing we can do..."

"But," Matt started, but I shook my head.

"I'll go easy on her," I told him.

Before I knew what was happening, Emmery was at Matt, slicing the knife down. Matt cried out, the knife slicing his arm. I opened my mouth to yell at her, when Matt's fist went flying into her face, making her fall back a few steps.

"Matt!"

"I thought you said we could resort to violence!" he panted, holding the profusely bleeding cut on his arm. "Damn it, I'm going to die of blood loss in about five minutes."

"Matt, move!" I shouted as Emmery moved in again to attack.

Matt brought out his leg, tripping Emmery. She fell forwards, holding the knife directly under her.

"She's going to stab herself!" I cried frantically, running towards the pair.

Matt groaned in frustration and caught Emmery before she could fall all the way. She swung her knife again, thankfully missing her target. Matt staggered backwards, trying to avoid Emmery's flying hand.

"Willow!" I called, stepping in between the two. "Stop it! What are you doing? Snap out of it!"

Emmery acted like she didn't hear me. She just gave me a flat look before bringing up her knife and slashing it down at me. I scowled in annoyance, grabbing her arm, and flipping her over me, so that she landed on her back on the ground.

I quickly stradled her, pinning her arms above her head. She squirmed violently, trying to get out of my grasp.

"Willow," I started, staring straight at her.

Her eyes made contact with me for a split second, but then she turned her head. I looked over at Matt, who was haunched over and breathing heavily. Blood was still pouring from his cuts. I clicked my tongue.