:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 15] //An Original Story//

"Oliver," I called, shaking a bag of cat food. "C'mere, kitty!"

After a few seconds, the little tabby kitten came trotting out from wherever he was hiding and came right over to me. He suddenly jumped on my leg and started crawling up.

"Ow, ow, ow!" I cried as he made his way to my shoulder. "Oliver, how many times do I have to tell you not to do that?"

He meowed in response, pawing at the bag of cat good in my hand. I sighed and grabbed him, pulling him off my shoulder with my free hand and setting him on the ground. I bent over and poured the food into his food dish on the floor. He meowed again and started eating it, purring loudly.

I squatted down to pet him. He pushed against my hand and I smiled. He was such a cute cat. I couldn't really feel his fur because my hands were in bandages. It was really only my wrists that got injured, but when Hudson wrapped them he seemed kind of out of it.

I bit my lip. I really didn't have a good feeling about seeing Hudson. Last night when he was bringing me home, he came in for a moment only to wrap my hands, and left quickly and without a word. I frowned, standing up again. It was weird.

If I ran into him, I didn't know what he would say, but I still had the gut feeling he was going to say something bad if I did see him. I rubbed my temple and sighed. Everything was going so well too.

The good thing was that it was Saturday. That meant I didn't have to go to school and have a chance of running into him. I could just stay in my apartment all day and not answer the door, or sneakily leave and come back. I had to do grocery shopping, so I decided I'd just make it a trip into town.

I went to my desk and pulled out my wallet and stuck it in my pocket. I grabbed my house keys if the key rack and stuffed them into my pocket. I paused for a moment before opening my door a sliver of a crack and peeked out. No Hudson. I was in the clear.

I shut my door fully again and went to put on my shoes. Oliver came over and started attacking my shoelaces playfully. I laughed, but had to shoo him away so I could put it on.

"I'll be back," I said to him, grabbing my coat and heading to the door.

I opened the door and came face to face with Hudson. He raised his eyebrows slightly at me. I stood at the door, my mouth open. Whoops.

"Can I come in?"

"No!" I cried, attempting to shut the door. "You can't!"

Hudson quickly jammed his foot between the door and the frame. I pushed as hard as I could, but I was no match for him. He easily over-powered me and pushed the door open. I backed up, and he squeezed through, shutting the door behind him.

"I was just about to go out," I told him, holding out my coat. "Can we talk later?"

"No."

I frowned the slightest bit. The bad feeling was back, and Hudson looked serious- which he rarely was.

"Want to sit down?" I offered, gesturing to the couch.

"No," Hudson responded, shaking his head. "I have to go stop a prediction."

"Eh? Where?" I asked. "I just bought a mirror, I'll go look-"

"No!" Hudson demanded, the loudness of his voice making me jump. "You don't have to."

"But I want to," I responded, frowning deeper at him.

"It's okay, you were put in a difficult situation yesterday so why don't you rest for awhile?" he suggested.