:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 21] //An Original Story//

"Oh, come on, relax!"

I glared at the young man sitting next to me. I crossed my arms, and looked away again, at the outside world passing by me.

"I told you I'm not going to try anything," Matt told me with a sigh. "I just want to talk."

"If you just want to talk, why did you forcibly drag me to your car when I couldn't see! I thought you were a rapist or something!"

Matt chuckled. "I just wanted to scare you."

"I don't trust you," I told him flat out. "Last time I saw you, you tried burning me alive."

"Sorry."

"Sorry isn't enough for attempted murder!"

He sighed, and looked over at me with his lips pursed.

"Keep your eyes on the road!"

Matt chuckled, but returned his gaze to the road. "Why were you outside by yourself anyways? What were you doing?"

"I was waiting for Hudson- crap!"

I had forgotten about Hudson! I quickly fumbled for my phone. I dialed Hudson's number and put it to my ear. It started ringing, but before anyone answered, my phone was snatched from me. I stared at Matt as he shut the phone.

"I don't want him to know where we are," Matt told me, putting my cell phone on his lap.

"But he'll be worried," I responded with a frown.

Matt laughed. "Oh well, we can let him suffer a little bit, can't we?"

"It's not funny..."

Matt sighed. "Listen. I seriously have something serious to talk to you about today."

"Why me?"

"It's about the whole breaking prediction thing," Matt responded.

"What about them? And why couldn't you bring Hudson too?" I asked, turning to look at him now.

"I don't like that guy," Matt said with a scowl.

I frowned. "You don't even know him."

"Don't need to. I just don't like him."

I sighed. "Yeah, okay."

"You sure are pretty calm with a man who tried to kill you last time you saw him," Matt said with a wink.

I shook my head. I couldn't trust this guy; I knew that. But I wasn't making a huge effort to escape him either. I leaned back in the seat and stared out the window as familiar houses flew by.

I frowned and looked over at Matt curiously. "Where are we going?"

"You're house," he responded simply.

"How do you know where I live?" I demanded, my eyes wide.

Matt laughed. "Ever heard of a school directory?"

"You go to our school?"

"No, but a friend of mine does," he responded with a shrug. "I just looked up your address."

"That's creepy."

Matt frowned at me. "No it's-"

"Eyes on the road!"

Matt rolled his eyes, but focused on the road again. I watched as we passed the park that was down the street from my apartment, and than our mailboxes. Soon we were in the driveway. Matt pulled into the garage and parked.