:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 11] //An Original Story//

"A disaster prosecutor?" Hudson echoed.

The man nodded. "For awhile now I've been getting reports of disasters that were to happen in the future on this." He produced a small paper from his pocket. "It's a newspaper article and it describes the date of when it happens, where it happens, what time it happens and what the disaster is."

I stared at him with my eyes wide open. That was more information than what Hudson and I received put together!

"But over the last month each disaster that happens never showed up in anything. Not the newspaper, not the T.V, nothing. So I decided to investigate the last few cases. And in each one the little girl behind you and her boyfriend with the black hair were always there to stop it."

My phone beeped and I jumped, pulling it out of my pocket without lifting my gaze from the man. I quickly looked at it. Five minutes before the bombs were going to go off.

"Five minutes," I whispered to Hudson, my heart pounding.

Hudson swallowed and nodded. The man from us smirked, and checked his watch.

"Five minutes. Do you think you can stop it, Misses?"

"On the count of three, you run as fast as you can out this door. When you reach the top of the steps instead of going back the way we came, go to the right and try to stay away from that man for as long as you can," Hudson said to me in a quiet voice.

"What?" I whispered back. "What are you going to do?"

"Stop the bomb. Now go on the count of three."

"Wait!"

"One."

"Hudson!"

"Two."

"Hudson!"

"Three!" Hudson shouted, shoving me backwards.

I twisted on my heel and bolted for the door. Immediately I heard footsteps coming after me. I didn't pause to turn and see who it was. I took the steps two at a time and swung myself around the corner. I rushed out the door and shut it behind me, noticing the brown haired man was chasing after me. The door shut just as the man reached the top of the stairs.

I turned and began running again, making sure to go the opposite of the way Hudson and I had come before. I had no clue where I was going. I dodged the supports all around me and ducked under pipes sticking out from above me. I wasn't an athlete at all. Soon I heard footsteps closing in on me.

I continued to sprint away from the footfalls but came to a skidding halt. My heart dropped. It was a dead end. And not a fake one like last time, but a real one. I turned around and saw the brown haired man grinning at me. He took a step closer and I took a step back until I hit the wall.

"Your little helper's plan didn't work out very well, huh?" he asked, stopping about a foot in front of me.

"Guess not," I joked.

"Well it doesn't matter, since your both about to die. But I have to make sure you can't get back to that room..."

I looked to the side. If I ran, how good were my chances of making it past him? I bit my lip and took a small step to the left. The man smirked at me and stepped to his right, putting a hand on either side of me.

"It's a bit depressing that you have to die," he commented, bringing his face close to mine. "You're awfully cute."

I blushed and looked away from the man. "Shut up."

The man chuckled. "That was a compliment."

"Hmph."

"If you stopped trying to stop the disasters from happening, than I wouldn't have to kill you. Would you do that?"