:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 10] //An Original Story//

I lied in the last one. This chapter has the plot twist :) I bet you'll like it....

Join my facebook page? :D It's good for interacting!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/XxSkater2GirlxX/127657497248187?ref=ts

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hudson exited the girl's bathroom and started sprinting. I followed behind closely, still slightly shaking from the vision. Who would plant a bomb in the middle of such a huge public place? A terrorist? Hudson turned left and dodged through a crowd of people.

"Sorry!" I apologized, also shoving through them.

"Hey!"

"I said sorry!"

Hudson looked over his shoulder at me and rolled his eyes. "We have more important things to do then apologize to people. If they want to live that is."

I shook my head and he turned back around and kept running. We passed a bench and I stopped, calling out to Hudson.

"Is this it?"

Hudson paused and looked at what I was pointing at. He shook his head. "No. Do you have any idea where it might be? We have exactly twenty five minutes to do this."

"Uh," I thought for a moment. I wasn't really focusing on what stores were surrounding me. "I'm not sure. A type of leather store, maybe?"

Hudson thought for a moment and than his face lit up. "I know where that is! Come on!"

He started sprinting again and I quickly ran after him. We dodged through crowds of people and maneuvered ourselves down an escalator. When we ran around a corner, I realized where we were, even though I hadn't actually been there before. It was the place from the vision.

I skidded to a halt when I saw a bench. "Hudson! Here!"

Hudson stopped and jogged back over to me. I pointed to the bench and together we ran over to it. Hudson dropped onto his knees and stuck his head under it. After a moment he pulled it back out and started searching around the bench.

"There's no bomb..."

"I'm sure that's the bench!" I told him. "Look at your pictures."

Hudson stuffed his hand into his pocket and retrieved the photographs. He inspected each one and than handed me one with a picture of the same bench that was in front of us on it.

"It's the same one," he agreed, "but where's the bomb?"

I drummed my fingers anxiously on my pants. We only had twenty minutes to disarm the bombs. I dropped to my knees and looked under the bench as well. I remember in my vision it wasn't there but...

"Oh yeah!"

"What?"

I pressed my ear to the ground and, sure enough, I heard the ticking loud and clear. I motioned for Hudson to kneel next to me and put his head to the floor. He did as I said and his eyes widened in surprise.

"It's in the basement?" Hudson asked, climbing to his feet and offering a hand out to me.

"Is there a basement?" I responded, taking his hand and being pulled to my feet.

"Yes, but we have to go all the way to the back of the mall," Hudson explained with a frown, his eyebrows knitted. "That would take at least five minutes. And then five minutes more to find the room."

"Which would leave about ten minutes to disarm the bomb..." I continued, calculating in my head.

"We have to hurry!"