Chapter 5

Chapter 5 A

Khushi looked ahead, she could see the pandit saying mantras and groom and bride fulfilling the rituals. She along with Neha and Julian had come for a wedding. First, the grooms mother is an old acquaintance in aashiyaana, also because their wedding planning team has made arrangements for the wedding. So they are here to attend the wedding and making sure the arrangements are perfect. Ponies were at home with Beejibaa.Seeing the couple taking there, her mind drifted back to the events of her own wedding.

Flashback

2 years back

Today, her results had come. She has not only secured a post graduation in fashion designing and MBA but also had topped in whole university. After giving a treat to her all other friends and teachers and also having a celebration in aashiyaana, she was sitting in a lake view hotel in London with Neha and Jules relaxing. They were discussing about their plans after shifting back to India.

Ringtone of her phone halted their conversation. Taking her phone and seeing the caller id, her eyes widened. She was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. It was her mother's call. In her 3 years of stay in London it was the first time her mother was calling her. For that matter, anyone from her family was calling for the first time.

Lifting her phone, she let out a happy squeel "Mumma". Her excitement was evident in her voice.

Jules and Neha looked at her for her sudden change of mood.

On the other hand her mother started talking. Starting with a hello, she enquired, " How are you?"

Being happy that her mother is asking about her whereabouts, she replied with a small "I am fine, Mumma". All the time beaming to herself happy to hear her mother's loving words.

Coming into the matter and not beating around the bush, her mother straightly presented the reason for which she had called.

" Listen Pari, I called to tell you that we have fixed your marriage. His name is Arnav Singh Raizada. Your dad's business partner's son. Moreover his younger brother is marrying Shreya. They had put forward the proposal and wants both marriages to take place on the same day. So we have agreed for the marriage. It is on 5th of next month. Come fast quickly." Saying this line went dead on other side.

She sat numb looking at her phone thinking that it was all a dream and she would wake up from it soon. But it didn't happen. She pinched herself but the dream didn't break because it was reality.

All her previous happiness of hearing her mother's voice. She felt betrayed. She felt used. Here she was sitting making plans on how she will spend her time with her family which she lost all these years staying away from them after going back. There they made plans to send her from them forever. Hell she was only eighteen, how was she supposed to take such a big responsibility.

She was shocked. She was scared. She didn't know what to do. The worst part was they didn't even ask her opinion before writing her destiny. They had tied her future to a stranger whom she had not even met. She was scared about the future.

With great difficultly she informed Neha and Jules about the matter. Jules was furious. He straightaway asked her to deny for the marriage, better never to return back to India.

Neha didn't say anything. Knowing Khushi more than Jules she knew what her decision would be, she decided to support her. Help her by making it more easy for her.

Coming back to their apartment, she sat by window gazing at the sky. Looking for the bright star towards north, she wished she was there with her. It would have been more easy. May be all these wouldn't have been so difficult. She missed her. She missed her Tai.