Chapter 8

Khushi came to dining hall where everyone was seated to have dinner.Sitting down beside Arnav she stared at the food served before her.

She gulped. Her insides shook. How was she supposed to eat it. With shaking hands Khushi made a morsel and put it her mouth. Her heartbeat raised. She wished she could make some excuse and skip dinner.

Seeing hear not eating Arnav nudged her, he asked, "Why are you not eating. Is there any problem".

Even before she could answer Lavanya beat her to it and said, " May be she didn't like the food prepared by us. She always eat outside know ". NK nudged her and signed her to keep quiet.

She can't eat the food. She decided to make some excuse. " No, no Lavanya didi, it is not that. The food is very tasty. Actually, um I was not feeling well so couldn't eat much. Sorry".Hearing her explaining, Lavanya nodded and resumed eating.

But Arnav was not going to leave her. "It may be because of acidity. See because of this I am against these sort of fasting. Why please your so called god by ruining your health".

" No, it is not like that. I just don't feel like eating".

Sighing he said, "Fine. But at least drink a glass of milk and go".

Nodding her head she poured a glass of milk. Looking at it she took a deep breath.

" Now why are you looking at it as if your are going for a Cargill war. Now finish it quickly ". It was Arnav again.

Nodding at him, tightly closing her eyes, she gulped the entire content of glass in one go.

**************

Standing at the poolside her mind again wandered to events of her first day in this house. After a not so good starting, she hoped that at least by the end of the day everything will be fine but....

Flashback

After all that happened in kitchen she reached back at her room, she started unpacking her luggage and arranging them in the wardrobe. The luggage was the same which she brought from London. Eventually Raizadas had brought a new wardrobe for her use. Arnav was sitting in the couch doing some work.

After sometime, HP came to call Arnav saying that Anjali had called him downstairs. Nodding at him Arnav stood up and went downstairs.

After sometime Khushi started feeling bored in the room so decided to go downstairs. Reaching at the foot of the stairs she saw Arnav standing there with Anjali and another lady looking not so pleased.

The other lady had her back towards Khushi. So she couldn't see her face. Seeing her, Arnav gave a nervous smile to her.

Seeing his attention shifting, both the ladies followed his line of vision and looked at her. Looking at the lady realization dawned upon her. She looked back at Arnav.

He was having a frown on his face definitely not looking pleased with the turn of events. All the other Raizadas were there looking at the scene unfolding before them with bated breath.

The lady walked up to Khushi and extended her hand. "Hai, I am Sheetal. ASR's girlfriend."

She heard a collective gasp echoing around the room. She looked at Arnav. He had closed his eyes tightly. His jaws and fist were clenched.

Looking back at Sheetal, she took her extended hand for a shake and replied, "Hai, I am Khushi. Arnav's wife". She had a smirk on her lips.

The color of Sheetal's face drained. She looked flushed. Khushi mentally patted herself.