Chapter 36

Arnav and Khushi went to collect Ponies from play station. Khushi was still thinking about the Sheetal- Mrs Kapoor incident. She had some doubts. Seeing her lost Arnav placed his hands on her shoulder.

Arnav: Khushi, where are you lost. Are you still thinking about that Sheetal and her useless mother.

Khushi: Arnav, I couldn't believe that they would act so stupid. I mean they are very cunning. They wouldn't do such a blunder when they very well know about the security system at the exit. I mean something is wrong. I don't think they can do something like that when they could easily get caught.

Arnav: Khushi, leave it na. Why are you thinking about them. Whatever happens with them it is none of our concern. And anyway it is not like we did something. We don't even know what exactly happened.

Khushi: Maybe I know who did it.

Arnav: What??

Khushi: Yep. I have an idea who did it.

Arnav (confused): Who?

Khushi: Come I will tell you.

Arnav and Khushi reached the play station. They saw Ponies playing there. Seeing their Mumma and Daddy, Ponies came running to them. Khushi lifted Arav in her arms while Arnav took both Aryan and Arush. After paying the caretaker they went from there.

After reaching the car, they all settled in. But before Arnav could start the car, Khushi stopped him. Turning around she faced Ponies.

Khushi: Now tell me what happened.

Ponies (frowning): What Mumma.

Khushi: Don't act smart Ponies. I know you guys very well. I am your Mumma. So don't try to hide and say everything that happened when we went for the meeting. What exactly happened with Sheetal and her mother.

Arnav (shocked): What are you saying Khushi? Do you think they have done all that. They are small kids. How they will do all these.

Khushi: Arnav, I know what I am saying. I know them much better than you. I know what they could do and what not.

Arnav (confused): But...

Khushi (ignoring him): Now will you guys say what exactly happened.

Ponies looked at each other.
Ponies: OK Mumma.

Flashback

One hour ago

After Arnav and Khushi left for their meeting after leaving Ponies at the play station. When they saw that the caretaker is not paying much attention, they very cautiously sneaked out of the play station. While they were going, they heard some security officers of the mall speaking.

Security 1: What are you saying? The CCTV cameras are not working.

Security 2: Yes, just now I heard our chief speaking to some shop owners. The mall owner has called people to repair it. But I have heard that it will take at least one hour.

Security 3: What???

Security 2: Yes.

Security 4: What if till then someone stole something from the shops.

Security 2: Securities have increased. Anyways the security system at the exit is working. If someone stole something also they have to go out through that exit only. There is no other way to get out of the mall other than that exit. So if someone steals something they will surely get caught.

Security 1: I also heard that if someone steals something from here today then they will be directly taken away by police.

Security 3: I hope everything goes well and the CCTV cameras get repaired quickly.