Chapter 33

Next day morning

Anjali was looking around the house for Ratna and Manorama. She wanted to ask about something to her mother. But she couldn't find both of them. Soon others also started finding both of them. They searched the whole house but there was no sign of either Ratna nor Manorama.

They were worried. Both wouldn't go out of house without informing anybody. But here none had any idea where they had gone that too early morning. Thinking that they would have gone to run some errands they decided to wait for sometime.

Time passed by. It was almost noon. But there was no sign of both of them. Now everyone had started to worry. Anjali had started a little bit of water works also. Arnav was also worried.

Khushi and Arnav was at home itself from the time they have returned from Pune. Khushi had fell ill after they reached. She was on bed rest from then. Ponies were very much worried for their mother and didn't let her get up from bed. Arnav also was worried for Khushi. Moreover he was upset with all the things that happened. So he also didn't go to office.

Today morning when Khushi came down for breakfast she was informed that Ratna and Manorama are missing. She was definitely not in mood for any drama. So she didn't bothered much. She thought that they would have gone out for some work. But when they didn't returned till noon even she started getting worried a little.

Everyone was trying to reach both. They tried to call their numbers but the phones were switched off. They even called some of their friends but none had any idea where both had gone. After waiting for some more time they decided to go and search them.

They were about to go when they saw Ratna and Manorama entering inside the house through the main door. Both looked cool and nonchalant. Others were furious seeing their careless behaviour.

Arjun (angrily yelled): Where were you both? Can't you guys go after telling someone. Do you know how worried everyone was.

Ratna: Sorry. We didn't want to make you all worried. It is just that we had some work. So we went early morning. Really sorry for making you all worried.

Manohar: What was that important work you people had that you guys went without informing anybody.

Anjali: Maa, do you know how much we all were worried. How can you go without saying anybody. Even your phones were switched off. We even called your friends to know where you are. Where did you go without telling anybody.

Ratna: We had some important work....

Dadi: And what was that important work that you didn't tell any of us.

Ratna: Maaji woh...

Nani: What kind of behavior is this. Can't you say anybody before going.

Ratna: Amma, I know I did mistake but it was unintentional. I went for a very important work.

Ratna then looked at her son. He was looking at her with no emotions. She felt a pain in her heart. But she pushed it away. She knew she deserved his hatred but today she was not going to stop because of his hatred. She had to act. She had to do this for his happiness. She looked sideways and saw Khushi. Her face mirrored that of her son. Both looked like two stones without any emotions. But they were her precious stones. Now she was going to bring this two precious stones together.

Ratna went and stood in front of Arnav.
Ratna: Chote...

Arnav opened his mouth to say something. But before he could say anything Ratna interrupted him.

Ratna: I know you don't like me calling you Chote. Even doesn't want to talk to me. But please listen to me today. I know I had done a very big mistake and had broken your trust. I am really sorry for that. I know my apologies won't make any difference to what I have done. And it is entirely my fault that today you, Khushi and your kids are suffering. Just because of my one mistake you guys have lost so much and are suffering so much. Whatever happened I cannot change it. But I really want to do something to make everything fine. This was the only little thing that I could do. If you could please forgive me.
Today morning I and Manorama went to meet a lawyer. We had asked him to prepare divorce papers for you and Sheetal and also Dhruv and Shreya. (Taking something from her bag) These are the papers. Please sign them and go and get signatures from Sheetal and Shreya also.
Chote, I know you are angry with me for what I did. But this was the only thing that I could do. Please get divorce from Sheetal and end this relation. I really want you to be happy in your life with Khushi and your kids. I don't know what Khushi will decide about your future. But I really want you to end this wrong relation with Sheetal in which you are just because of me. I don't want to see you suffer because of my mistakes.