Chapter 29

Next day, Morning 4am

The door of the servant quarters was knocked. Anjali who was trying to sleep jumped out of her bed. Last night, after declaring her punishment, everyone went to their rooms. Nobody tried to help her. Neha made her do the whole household works.

When she went to sleep in her room, she saw all her belongings being thrown out of the room by Shyam. Before she could say anything, he closed the door on her face. She tried to talk to him but he didn't opened the door. Finally, Neha brought her to this servant quarters.

The servant quarters was situated at a corner at the backside of the Mansion. Since the backside of the Mansion is opened towards sea, there is no proper wall at that area. In Paradise, none of the servants stayed overnight, they either went back to their homes or stayed in Aashiyaana. So there were only minimum facilities in the servant quarters.

The quarters had a single bedroom with a bath attached. It had a cot but no proper bed or mattress. The bathroom also had only toilet and bath facilities, nothing much unlike the luxurious bathrooms inside the mansion. Anjali was horrified by the scene. She felt like she was brought to some slums from the mansion. Nevertheless she tried to adjust as she had no other option.

She was trying to sleep from the time she reached there but the mosquitoes and flies were giving her hard time. Some how overcoming the problems, she was almost about to slip into deep sleep when she heard the door being knocked. Cursing her fate, she went to look who was knocking at her door early in the morning.

Opening the door, she saw her nightmare standing before her. Nightmare. Yes, Neha had become nightmare for Anjali in just one day. Last night, Neha had made her do so much work that Anjali hadn't done in her entire life.

Neha was standing at the doorstep of servant quarters with a frown.

Neha: What the hell were you doing. I was knocking the door from such a long time.

Anjali: I was sleeping. But why did you come here so early.

Neha: Oh. So it is very early for princess. I didn't knew. (She mocked).

Neha: I don't have time for your nonsense early in the morning nor I am interested. I came to call you. Get ready and quickly come. There is a lot of work to finish.

Anjali: But it is only 4 o'clock. It is too early in the morning.

Neha: So what if it is only 4 o'clock. Look from tomorrow onwards you have to get up at this time only. I don't have time to come and wake you up everyday. Regarding getting up at 4 am, then you have to get up at this time only. There is a lot of work at home. Everyone had to go to work at 9 o'clock. Before that all the breakfast should be ready. Also the kitchen and mandir should be cleaned before everyone gets up. Also the milk will come at 5: 30. So you should keep utensils for that.Many other works are there in the morning. So go and get ready fast. I don't have whole day to spend on you.

Saying that Neha went away smirking while Anjali looked horrified. She had to get up at 4 o'clock everyday. She didn't even know what 4 am in the morning was. She had never left her bed before 8 in the morning. How was she supposed to get up so fast.

***************

Some how taking control of her sleep, Anjali got ready and reached kitchen in ten minutes. She saw Neha already waiting for her in the kitchen.

Neha: OK. So you came. Fine. Now clean the kitchen fast. Then you have to clean the mandir also.

Anjali: But the kitchen was cleaned only last night.

Neha: So what. Won't you clean the kitchen. Now don't argue unnecessarily. First clean the kitchen, then clean the mandir. I will come in 15 minutes. Till then finish both the jobs.