Chapter 34

Dhruv and Ratna came back. Everyone was very eager to know what happened in Shantivan. Well Dhruv took it upon himself to tell the whole story. During dinner he very dramatically explained all the events without leaving anything. Thus the whole dinner turned into a happy affair. Well everyone was astonished to learn that the soft and silent Ratna would turn into such a tigress and would pounce on Sheetal.

Arnav and Khushi were also there at the dinning table but both didn't speak anything to each other. It was as if there was an awkward silence between them. Sure they were stealing glances at each other but was not ready to confront each other.

After dinner everyone went to bed. Arnav and Khushi were thinking about each other. They had a lot of things to talk but still they were delaying it not knowing how to approach each other. But that night both had a peaceful sleep after two years.

***************

Next day morning

It was Sunday. Everyone was at home except Ponies and Varad. Varad had taken Ponies to the nearby park to play. Khushi was feeling better. She had finally got rid of her sickness which has been bothering her from past two days.

Since she had taken leave for two days she was sitting with Jules discussing about the past two day's work at office. Arnav was in his room while Khushi was sitting in the living room with Jules. Others were in their own rooms.

While Khushi was talking to Jules, she saw Ponies coming inside the house. Smiling both of them got up and was about to move towards them but Ponies went to their rooms ignoring them. Soon Khushi realized that her babies are upset. She was about to go behind them when she saw Varad coming inside the house with a worried look.

Khushi along with Jules went to him.
Khushi: Badepapa, what happened. Ponies are looking upset. They didn't even talk to us. Is everything all right.

Varad: Pari voh....voh.....

Seeing Varad hesitating Khushi understood that something had happened.
Khushi: What happened Badepapa. Please tell me.

Varad (sad): Pari, voh... You know na I took kids to the park to play. When we reached there, we came to know that there was some competition going to take place. Ponies also wanted to take place. But they said that kids can take part only with their father. Hearing that they became upset and came back home.

Khushi closed her eyes in pain and guilt. Maybe it was because of her fault that her kids are suffering. Why this happens to her kids all the time. Whenever they need their father he won't be there with them. She felt the pain coming back. Why all the time her babies had to suffer. No she won't let it happen. She decided to talk to her kids.

Seeing Khushi, Jules felt bad. Why his sister and Ponies had to suffer.
Jules: Don't worry Doll face. I will just go and take Ponies to that competition. You please relax. Everything will be alright.

But Jules realized that Khushi wasn't listening to him but lost in her own thoughts. He slightly shook her. Coming out of her trance, she looked at him. But before he could say anything, she said, "I will go and talk to Ponies."

Julian nodded his head and accompanied Khushi to Ponies' room.

***************

Arnav was doing some office work sitting in his room. After some time he started feeling thirsty. He saw that the water jug in his room is empty. So he decided to go to kitchen to get water.

While he was passing in front of the kids' room. He saw his sons sitting there with an upset face. He frowned. Now what happened to his little ones. They always used to roam around with a happy face. True his interaction with them is minimal almost equal to null but he knows that his sons are not ones to sulk on some petty issues. They are really matured in that case.