Chapter 22

Taking Khushi's address from Aashiyaana, Arnav quickly reached Paradise. Entering inside he saw the most beautiful scene. Khushi was sitting and feeding their kids and the kids were playing around. He stood admiring them for sometime.

After sometime, Khushi finished feeding Ponies and washed her hands. She sat down in the sofa in the living room while Ponies were playing in front of her. She was watching Ponies play when Julian came down to talk about some work to Khushi.

Seeing Arnav standing at the entrance with a soft smile playing on his lips, Julian called out to him. That broke Arnav's trance and he looked at Julian. Khushi's attention also diverted to Arnav. Ponies stopped playing and started watching the new entrant in their house.  Arnav looked all five persons in front of him.

His vision rested on his kids. They were keenly watching him. Seeing him looking at Ponies, Julian asked, " Yes, what do you want? Why are you here?"

Taking a deep breath, he got into the work for which he came. "I want to talk to Khushi." Khushi knew this was coming. From the time Arnav saw Ponies at hospital, she knew a thousand questions were running in his mind and he would definitely come there to get his answers. She was prepared.

Turning to Julian, she said, "Take Ponies upstairs and be with them there. Don't come down. I will come after talking."

Nodding his head, he unwillingly went upstairs with Ponies. The protective brother in him was reluctant to leave his sister who had hurt her. But nevertheless he obeyed her. Ponies were confused. Even though they knew about their father, they had never seen him nor knew how he looked.

After everyone left Arnav and Khushi stood looking at each other.  Not beating around the bush,Arnav came directly to the question that was on his mind.

Arnav: Who are those kids?

Khushi ( taking a deep breath): They are my kids.

Arnav: Your kids?

Khushi: Yes.

Arnav: Who is their father?

Khushi: That is not your concern Mr. Raizada.

Arnav ( controlling his anger) : Who is their father, Khushi?

Khushi ( calmly): I told you Mr Raizada. That is none of your business. If you don't have anything else to talk then you can leave.

Arnav reached her taking long strides. He pulled her by holding her upper arms and shook her. Khushi came crashing into his chest.

Arnav ( screaming): Tell me dammit who is their father? Don't test my patients, Khushi. Are they my children?

Khushi ( equally angry and at loud voice): What if I say that they're not. What will you do, haan. Listen carefully Mr Raizada they are my children, only mine. Just by donating sperms nobody becomes father. So stay away from my children.

Arnav: So they are my children.

Khushi: Yes. But you don't have any rights on them. They're only mine.

Arnav: Enough Khushi. Stop it. How dare you, Khushi? How dare you  do it. You kept my children away from me. You never told me about them. I never knew about their existence. I didn't knew my wife was pregnant. I never knew my children were going to come into this world. I never got chance to enjoy my wife's pregnancy. To see my kids when they were in your womb. To fulfill your craving when you were pregnant. To hold them when they were born. I wasn't there when they first opened their eyes. I wasn't there when they said their first word. I wasn't there to hold their hands when they took their first step. I lost everything. I lost all the precious moments of my kids' life. And it's all because of you, Khushi. It is all because you never told me about them. Why Khushi? Why did you do this? Why did you betrayed me like this? I loved you. But you kept such big truth of our life away from. Why Khushi? Why dammit?