Chapter 20

Few days later

Khushi was packing bags. They were returning back to India. Two days before, Girish had called to inform that Sumitra's health is not good and she is admitted in hospital. Finally, Khushi decided to return back.

She had been running away from the ghost of the past for a long time. Now the time had come to return back and face it. It is been long she was delaying it. Now no more wait. She had to go back and punish all those people who had hurt her.

Her chain of thoughts were broken by Ponies who came into the room.

"Mamma, are we going to India." Arav asked first.

Khushi: Yes, we are returning back to India.

Aryan: Why?

Khushi: Because your Sumi Nani's health is not good and she is admitted in hospitalhospitaland we are going to meet her.

Arush: What happened to her? Is she having fever?

Khushi: She is not unwell. Her BP increased.

Seeing their confused faces.

Khushi: She is having very high fever.

Arav: When we will return?

Khushi: It will take sometime. We are going to stay their for a while. Mumma have some work there. For that it will take some months.

Aryan: Then what about our school?

Trust her sons to worry about school at this age. They are not even three. Still they had taken going to school as some serious thing. Sometimes her sons act too mature.

Khushi: We will put you in new school there.

Even though she said that to coax her sons she was scared. In India, everything would be different. There is a huge difference between London and India. Here being a single parent is a normal thing. People won't think about it much. But in India it is a very big issue. The society there always looked at single parents in a different way. If the parent is a women, then they make their life hell. The society there always saw women as wrong. Never tried to know their point of view or circumstances.

Coming out of her thoughts she looked at her sons. No she won't fall weak. She won't let any harm reach her sons.

Turning to her sons, Khushi said, "Now go and get ready we have to leave for airport in few hours. Also check if you had taken all what you want." She ushered them into their room.

***************

Few hours later

Khushi sat in the business class seat flying to India. She looked around. Ponies, Julian and Neha sat in the adjacent seats. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath. From now a new beginning. A new start.

***************

Hours later flight landed on Mumbai Airport. Coming out of the airport she looked around the city. Lots of memories floated in front of her eyes. Some sweet, some bitter, some happy, and some painful. The city looked same as she left.

Soon they reached Paradise where Beejibaa was waiting for them. She was thrilled to see Ponies. Ponies also liked at the first instant itself. When they left India, Ponies were too small so they didn't had much memories of anything. They were looking at everything with an amused look.

After having food, they went to meet Sumitra. Sumitra was very happy to see Khushi and Ponies. It was like someone had recharged her body. She started becoming active. Doctors were amazed at her mood change and speed of recovery.