Prolouge

8 years old

I tried my best wiping away my tears, but they wouldn't stop coming.
I began sobbing again then it turned to wailing. I hate to cry, but it really hurts.

"Aria?"

"Aria!"

I was covering my eyes when suddenly they are forced away. My eyes meets my best friend, Valerio.

"VALERIO!" I cry and immidiatly hug him. My tears wet the back of his shirt, but he still hugs me back.

We are in my garage, under a table. It's dark here and cool so I usually go here when I need to cry. Mama and papa is at work...as always.

"What happened?" Valerio asks me and rubs my back. I just cry even more.

"They they...my glasses and and threw blocks at mee!" I try to say between hiccips and sobs.

"They did what to your glass?" Valerio sayed calmly, but I heard anger in then too. We both knew we're talking about my classmates.

"BROKE MY GLASSES" I cried
"I had to walk home without glasses and i tripped alot! My knees and hands hurt" i wail

Valerio just rubs my back and hold me till my crying calms down too sniffing.

"It's going to be okay Aria. I'll protect you and you have some spare glasses don't you?" Valerio says and pulls me back so we see each other in the eyes. His blue eyes are so pretty, like my favorite blue dress.

I haven't even noticed that my crying had stopped now. He dried the remains of my tears away and took out a tissue from his back pocket to wipe my nose.

"Smile Aria! Smile! No matter what people say, I think you have the prettiest smile on earth!" Valerio grins and smiles with all his teeth too me. Two are gone and I see them growing back again.
I can't help to smile back, and giggle a bit from his words.

"Really?" I ask

"Yeah! And I also think you're the kindest and sweetest, and you have the prettiest heart"

I laugh from that, and I like laughing. Especially with Valerio.

"You can't see my heart. How do you know it's pretty?" i chuckle

He makes a face and looks confused. He tips his head too the side and looks up too the tabletop. Then shruggs
"I don't really know, but papi said it to mami and it sounded cool"

We laugh together and before I knew it, the pain from my body is long forgotten. All i kan focus on is Valerio and his words. What he says and does. He cleans my wounds and patches them up. It was hard and I cried when the cleaner stuff touched the wound, but Valerio would then apologize and kiss my cheek. It stopped me from crying and put a big smile on my face. We tried out best and at last my wounds were covered up and healing.

Valerio climbs up the bathroom counter again and places the first aid kit on the shelf. He also takes the spare glasses from the shelf. When he climbs down again I hug him and he hugs me back.

"I love you Valerio. Always stay with me, you're the only friend I have!" I say and smile

"I love you too Aria and I won't be going anywhere" Valerio say and grins back.

You're everything for me Valerio. You're past, present and future. No matter where the roads leads us, I'll be by you're side. I don't care what or where the destination is, but as long we're together I don't care. I will move mountains and divide skies for you. 

So please.....please don't leave me. Stay Valerio, my powerful and strong *****.