Chapter 33

Memes are life

****UPDATE: SOME CHANGES IN IT'S FORM, BUT NOT STORY BASED. IF READ IT'S NOT NEEDED TO RE-READ IT AGAIN IF YOU DONT WANT TO :)*****

***********************

It all happened in a blur- literally. The last I saw before my glasses slipped my face was me grabbing Valerio's arm, trying to yank his grip from Matteo's-my unknown brother- throat.

"STOP!" I scream while desperately fighting for Matteo's airways. He wheezes, but is completely still while hanging in the air. Valerio is actually pinning Matteo up in the air by his throat.

"I warned you" Valerio growled, "I trusted you". Matteo groans, trying to say something, but Valerio throws him through the room- hitting the opposite wall.

What man strength is this? Or is it anger that boost his muscles? adrenaline?

"MATTEO!" I rush to his aid, but Valerio pins me to the wall. His breath has no lingering smell of alcohol, and we are close enough for me to see that his eyes aren't blurry. What is going on in his head?

"Let me go!" I thrash against his hand around my wrist- his hands reminding me of cuffs. Tears run down my eyes, and I sob against his chest when the memories rush into my head.

His breath rushes down my spine-creating goosebumps all over my body. His pulse is going wild- completely out of control. He doesn't say anything.

"Calm down" I sob and look into his eyes. They're conflicted with guilt and betrayal, and love. For his brother. His best friend. And our bonds.

"Calm down" I repeat, beg. He finally lets my hands go so I can wrap my body against his. I jump on him- wrapping my legs around his waist, and arms around his neck. I bury my head in his chest- heaving for air to calm myself first.

"Calm down" I whimper and slowly look over his hunched shoulder- towards Matteo. Safe. Leaning against the wall with his hand rubbing around his neck- gulping down air.

Rushing footsteps of the famiglia enters my bedroom, and beholes the scene in front of them. The couch is flipped, together with the table. The plate with cookies shattered- covering the floor with sweet goods and shards. Matteo on the floor and me going octopus on Valerio.

"What the hell-" Joaquin starts, but Valerio's rough and deep voice interrupts him.

"Get him out of here"

They eye their boss, then their fellow brother, and executes the order. I hold Matteo's eyes the whole time- as his body gets lifted and carried out, and smile. I don't smile back, but new tears are threatening to appear. He understands.

When the doors shut, Valerio knees gives away and we fall. I prepare for the pain, but Valeri envelops me in his arms so it doesn't hurt that bad. We lay sideways on the floor- completely in each others comfort.

"What happened?" Valerio plays with my hair- threading his fingers through it and combing it with long strokes.

"That is what I want to ask you. Why did you freak out like that?"

"Aria, please" He sigh and I admit defeat.

"Did you know Matteo is my brother?" He goes still.

"what?" I begin laughing of Valerio's expression. It's hilarious.

"Yupp. We kind of had a bonding moment, you know, before you came and destroyed my room and almost choking my newly discovered brother"

He hugs me, "I'll have it fixed and re-stocked tomorrow"