Chapter 1

"9th homework is done

9th homework is doone

Now there 8 left

8 homework is left..."

"8th homework is done

8th homework is doone

Now there 7 left

7 homework is left.."

I glance up at the clock on the wall in the library, 8PM. I've been copying my physics homework for my physics classmates, and chemistry, since school ended. I skipped dinner and haven't eaten since lunch.

I feel a tear threaten to show itself, but I force it back. I'm done crying, because it changes nothing. Just this stupid year and I'll be gone too college far far away. Beside, I'll be rewarded with chocolate and candy when I get back.

"2th homework is done

2th homework is doone

Now there 1 left

1 homework is left"

I hurry with the last one, and pack my backpack as fast as I can. I say farewell to Mr. Green, the librarian, and run down to my car. Since my backpack contains 20 notebooks and I'm holding another 23, running right now is the same speed of walking.

I place the books and the backpack in the back and sit down on the drivers seat. I shove my thick rimmed glasses back up too the bridge of my nose and secure myself with the belt.

The drive back home takes fifteen minutes, but I won't be heading home.

My phone vibrates, notifying my that I received a message. I check the rear mirror, seeing there's no one behind me, and stop on the side of the road.

Don't be on the phone while driving!

I swipe the screen too the right and enter the password to enter. The message pops up:

Gattina: where are you?

Aria: On the road. Be there in 10

Gattina: K, ti voglio bene <3 :*

Aria: Ti voglio bene <3

Working 5 hours with homework for 43 students has made me exhausted. Even though they are the exact copy of my homework it still takes time and effort.

Now you'll wonder if the teacher doesn't suspect about 20 submissions being the exact same, but they don't care. They know that I have done them so at least I get an A and the others get a B's, but no more. They just like to brag that they have such teaching skills. Note the sarcasm.

I stop the car in front of the 10 feet gate that has a dragon over the bars. I send a quick text too Valerio that I'm here, and the gate immediately opens up. I drive up the driveway and park my car in the empty parking lot.

As I walk the five minutes walk too Valerios house I see 3 security cameras already, and it's those I can see.

The Drago family has both new and old money, having properties and businesses all over the country. The place might seem safe with so much security, but I've caught more than once burglars and intruders on the property. Once I saw a mean looking man with an eye patch running with all the food he could carry across the garden. I reported it immediately to Ale, Valerios papa, and he got so mad.

"Aria!"

I look up from the ground as I was walking and see Valerio waving his arm like a maniac. A big grin is plastered on his face and I can't help grinning back. I know my braces are showing, but I've never been able resisting Valerios signature smiles.