Chapter 15

Clannad- Dango (the song Aria hums to Valerio. So cute 💙)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School on Tuesday was...unexpected to be honest. By my knowledge from former books, I thought my bullying would get worse after Valerio's involvement. Like they would get provoked and be more agitated and aggressive, but no. Nothing. They left me alone, some glances and whispers here and there, but nothing more. No bruises, kicks, punches, slaps etc.

I guess a threat from a mafia boss are more real than a bad boy or jock's. The fact that Valerio would actually do it and not just throw some words. I like that he doesn't say anything he doesn't mean, but I hate that he would actually do what he said with no hesitation. I don't support killing no matter the reason.

Vivian, an AP calculus classmate, asked if I did their work- which I did, and if I would send it to them. She was so pale and sweating...through her eyes, that I nodded and dismissed her. Looks like her friends forced her to ask against her will.

Then nothing more. I was alone all the time, but rather that then getting a broken leg. I remember last time that happened, and Valerio was grounded two days because he wrecked his room. Now that I think about it....nope, don't even want to go there.

"Heart eight" I say then watch as Kai the swordfish flips the last card from the deck -revealing the suite and number.

Heart eight

"You're incredible!"

"How?! How!"

"A genius! We have a genius!"

Ale, Kajetan and I laugh of their reactions and watch them go wild from my ability. I can analyze and remember at an unbelievable speed. I had photographic memory in the past, but from lack of training it's only this.

Valerio was locked inside his office when I came home from school. Tired of being bored and playing on my phone, I told the famiglia about my ability. Ale and Kajetan knew about it from before, but still wanted to watch as the famiglia wanted proof. I told them to shuffle a card deck, let me study the order once, then tell them the order from beginning too end without look at the cards.

"You believe me now?" I ask them and they all nod and laugh.

"Not you guys knows not to mess with her. She remembers every flaw and mistakes and uses them to the future. She never looses a fight." Kajetan tell and send a smirk towards me. I return it with a sassy arched brow.

I glance at my wristwatch, 7:57 PM.

"How much longer till he comes out of his cage?" I ask and frown. You can't blame me missing my best friend. Not that I complain finally have people close to friends now, but Valerio's in another kind of level.

"It depends of the workload, and with your parents transfer and all that comes with it...don't expect him to attend dinner." Kajetan answers and smile an understanding smile. I don't return it and just look at the direction of the stairs.

Right now, I wish I hadn't known about Valerio's secret. The blind and pure girl that demanded time and appointments with Valerio whenever she wanted. Now I know and have to respect his work and duties. I wish I could just storm into his office and demand his attention...

What am I?! A kid?! How childish.

"How long have you had this ability?" Matteo asks and bring me out of my pity state. I blink several times while an answer slips through my lips.

"As long I can remember. I learned faster than others, like the clock. My skill progressed as I kept doing work and puzzles. I had photographic memory before, but no longer. I forgot to train it" I tell.