Chapter 18

"Follow the light" Kajetan takes out a small flashlight and slowly move it side too side, and up and down. I move my eyes after the soft light till Kajetan is satisfied and extinguishes the light.

"We're done! You look fine Aria. Nothing to worry about" She tells while grinning. I smile back and thank her for checking on me. Valerio are waiting for me by the door. Sitting on a chair while observing his mother doing a full body check on me.

Kajetan and I exchange hugs and some words before I leave the mansion's infirmary with Valerio stalking behind me. We haven't spoken since the car ride back from the school. He just escorted me too the infirmary when we got home, and Kajetan was already waiting for me.

"I need to speak with papi. Stay inside and don't go out. Not even inside the Drago's property. You're not taking a step outside these walls, you got me?" Valerie's voice is tired and rough. Like he'd pulled an all nighter and consumed only alcohol.

"What about the balcony?" I ask, but the silence answers for him. "What if someone from the famiglia joins me; can I go outside then?" I attempt to negotiate, but my gut tell me it's useless.

"No"

I sigh and turn absurdly around. My clothes are still slightly wet from the sprinklers, but I don't care soaking Valerio's clothes. He's standing some feet away while looking at the floor. The dim light in the corridor highlights his features, but also hides his eyes behind his hair and shadow.

I walk too him and stand up on my top toes. I then wrap arms around his neck and hug him tight onto me. He does not respond back.

"I'm alright" I whisper and begin stroking his hair, "It was just an accident. You're not at fault. This was not your fault. The bomb went off in the library while I was in history class. It was just a coincident" I tell and beg with my voice that he'll believe in my lie. He not at fault, but it wasn't an accident. It might been an accident that my history book disappeared and it was exactly in my history lesson the bomb went off, but my intuition screams that it's not.

I haven't told Valerio about the disappearance of my book, and I would have went to the library if it wasn't for Jason lending me his text book. I don't want to give him more reason to blame himself. I can still sense his guilt from last week's shooting incident.

The gods and goddesses will definitely not get that alter now.

Valerio finally hugs me back and rock us side too side. He doesn't say anything so I keep quiet as well and just enjoy our quality time.

"I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. I'm a little out of it. Just give me some time, Aria. Please..." Flashbacks too when he begged me not to leave after our argument (A/N: Chapter 8). The last sentences are in that same voice. Weak and fragile. If I just breath too hard it'll shatter too thousand pieces.

"It's fine" I tell him while pulling away just enough too see his face. The windows does little help, but I can barely see his eyes. I stroke his cheekbone and grin, "You have to stop being so hard on yourself. I'm fine, trust me!" I say with a little of cheer, but still gently. He only stare at me, but his arms loosen a little. I use that moment to pull away and take a step back.

"I'll see you later then. Love you, bye!" I grin then run away. I can't stand being in that depressed zone anymore. I've had enough of that in this week. I've had enough of tears and the sound of weapons. I've had enough of locking myself in my room; copying homework, because I don't want to act something I'm not.