Chapter Two

The second of the season had started on a rather low note for the Yankees. There was no way they would make it to the playoff if they kept that trend going. The offense was basically nonexistent and the bullpen had blown a couple of games that were extremely important. At this point I was even considering going to bed, there was no point in being up this late to just be disappointed. The only thing that was preventing me to call it a night is the fact that my dad always calls me after the game is done and I really look forward to that no matter what the scoreboard looks like. 

"Come on, Aaron!" I begged to look at the TV  with both my hand clasped against my mouth.

 Aaron wasn't doing so well either. He had looked so great and discipline at the plate during the first half, but that was all gone he was struggling big time at the plate, chasing balls outside of the zone and his timing seemed off. My dad being the hitting coach had been putting in extra time with him but saw far they had nothing to show for it. They would even joke about the situation saying that it almost felt like all the pitchers spend their all-star break locked on the video room planning how to make adjustments to get him out.

"Damn!" I whispered to myself as he stroke out again. I heard the broadcasters talk about Aaron and how he was looking desperate at the plate, nothing that I hadn't noticed myself so I got up to get a glass of water.

The game came to an end with the team unable to make a comeback.. again. It was a couple of minutes past twelve when I got a call from my dad.  

"Hey, dad!" I tried to sound cheerful but it was impossible. 

"Hey, honey!" my dad's voice was calm as always. 

"Tough game, huh?" I said in the middle of a yawn.

"I'm sorry to keep you up so late for that" I heard my dad's voice on the other side of the line.

"It's okay, dad" 

"I miss you," 

"Me too, You know I was thinking-" I stopped to think one more time about my next proposition.

"Yes, honey?" My dad said more like a question.

"I was thinking that maybe I could go to Seattle and meet you guys there" It was the first time that my dad had been away for more than a week and I was missing him way too much. 

"That's a great idea honey, you should definitely come" he sounded happy.

"Okay, I'll book a flight and send you the details."  I heard him t talking in the background we somebody else.

"That sounds great, Aaron sends regards."  As soon as I heard his name I felt how my heart was racing as the thought of seeing Aaron again crossed my mind.

"Tell him I said Hi" I tried to sound as normal as possible because my dad knows me too well and I don't want him to start thinking things. he would tease me every chance he gets if he even suspects that I'm developing a crush on one of his players. 

"Will do. Send me the details of your flight as soon as you buy it.

"Absolutely. love you, dad."

"Love you too, honey" Was the last thing my dad said before hanging up the phone.

I got up and ran towards my desk to get my computer. I never thought that I would be this excited to make a last-minute trip to Seattle. Being the careful planer I claim to be, I had looked over flights and the time zone differences before even asking dad about it. For a girl that grew up flying around the country, I sure don't handle jet lag well.