Chapter 16

When I woke up I found Aaron's response to my text from last night. 

"Isabelle Jacobs, loving you is the sweetest job I will ever have. Can't wait to see you tonight I love you more"

 I went to bed with a smile and woke up with one. This life was getting sweeter by the minute and there was nothing that could ever ruin this!

My dad had already left when I woke up. I was set to flight to Houston Later on with Stephanie. Aaron's parents wouldn't make the trip to Texas they would stay instead and go on a romantic get away. 

We would be coming back to New  York in four days anyways, Aaron thought that his parents deserved their little vacation. I loved their love and I was secretly hoping that in a couple of years I would get a love like that. 

My suitcase was already done. There was mostly Yankees gear in it. When you grow up with a single dad you learn the beauty of light packing and how to pack an outfit that can turn into three outfits by changing a jacket or putting something over. 

I was wearing yoga pants  and a "Take October" sweater that was originally Aaron's it was huge on me but I loved it because  It had his perfume still and it would be the perfect company on this trip.

Stephanie picked me up with one of the Yankees's drivers. 

"It Looks like you are ready my girl!" Stephanie said when saw me walking out of the building. 

She was standing outside of the car waiting for me. Her long hair up in a ponytail. She wasn't wearing make up. Not a single drop and she looked so beautiful. 

"Morning Steph!" I said when I finally was close enough to her. 

"Good morning, sir!" I said to the driver who greeted me with a big smile and took my suitcase from me.

"Ready to do this?" Stephanie asked me as we got into the back of the car.

"I was born ready!" I said. Stephanie cheered. 

"You ladies have a lot of energy so early in the morning"  we laughed at his comment.

"It's the postseason! " Stephanie said loudly.

Stephanie was looking into her phone and she had a weird look that I couldn't read.

"Unbelievable" She murmured under her breath.

"Wow! what's that?" I asked.

"Some people just don't know when to stop!" Stephanie said still looking mad.

"Everything okay, Steph?" I asked placing a hand on her knee.

"It will be soon enough" She said putting her phone away.

*****

The four hours that took us to get to Houston went by really fast as Stephanie and I spend the whole flight talking while she sent  emails to a group of people that I didn't really know. She said it was part of the festivities during the post season. 

I was a little confused since I thought the Astros were supposed to handle that for the first two games. 

We took a taxi to the hotel.  Stephanie did the check in for us and she came back with two cards. 

"I think is better if we share a room. I hope that you don't mind" She said with the biggest smile.

"Sleepover it is!" I said grabbing my card. 

We walked into our room. I have been to so many hotels this year it was crazy, this one was particularly beautiful though. We got a double suit with a living room and a full kitchen. This was definitely postseason lifestyle.