Chapter Seven

"Start  Spreading the news................" The classic Frank Sinatra song played over and over like it always did after a New York Yankees game and as the night got longer my mind was getting more worked up than ever. 

I was down in the hallway waiting for my dad to get out of the locker room. I had been talking to Aaron for the last couple of days he was coming home a lot to talk to my dad, he got elected to the All star game and he was going compete in the home run derby. I was happy because that meant that he was going to be around a lot, but I was also kinda nervous because our relationship had been growing a lot lately, we have been talking as often as possible and when we are together it really shows how close we are. Which could become a potential issue when it came to my dad.

"Hey, Bells!" My dad's voice brought me back to earth.

"Hey, dad!" I went up to hug him. He kissed the top of my head.

"Are you hungry?"

"Very?"

"Great! because Aaron invited us to dinner" Dad said with a little smile.

"Great! I wanted to congratulate him!" I said. It had been announced before the game that he was going to be an All star, we already knew that he had decided to be part of the derby.

"He said that you can pick the restaurant" My dad said giving me some what of a weird look.

"I told him about a Cuban restaurant near our apartment, he probably mean to choose that one." He smiled but I saw something weird in his eyes. He was beginning to see the things that I was afraid of him seeing.

My relationship with Aaron is pure, honestly. We talk mostly on the phone a little before his game and then some more after. He is away a lot and he doesn't really go out so he calls. He is really funny and we have been doing a lot of plans for the off season. Yet we haven't define the state of our relationship. We are friends but when he hugs me he does it so tie that I think I may die and the way he kissed my cheek is way more intimate than if he would've kiss in the mouth.

"Cuban, huh? Missing Miami much?" Dad said with a little laugh.

"Always! you'll like it too and they have the sweet bread that you like" 

"Okay! you got me!" Dad said with a wide smile.

"Sorry, guys! I got caught up with the reporters" I heard Aaron's voice and turned around. I was still hugging my dad.

Aaron was wearing a red t-shirt and black jeans. He gave me a smile and I couldn't help it but just run towards him. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Congratulations ALL STAR!!" I don't really know what got into me but, I just did that, then I realized that my dad was there and I was afraid to look back at him but I did anyways. To my surprise dad was smiling and didn't look suspicious at all.

"Thanks!" Aaron said in a boyish manner.

"So, Cuban food?" Dad asked to end the moment.

"YESSSS'" Aaron and I yelled at the same time. We share a look with a little smile. Our complicity was too evident tonight.

******

"You were so right, this food is amazing!" Aaron said after taking a sip of his water.

"Look, I know a thing or two about food!" I said with a knowing smile.

"That I have to say! even when we were on the road on my playing days, she would find out the best places everywhere!" Dad said with a proud voice.

"So, she's always being like that?" Aaron asked with a little smile.