Chapter Three

After styling my hair in four different ways and the option to stick to the one I started with, in the first place.  I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time before heading out to the ballpark.  When I was happy with what I saw so I grabbed my purse, making sure that everything that I may need was inside. I placed my phone in my back pocket and made my way out.

I was enjoying some casual chit-chat while I was in the taxi. It was a beautiful sunny day, what my dad would call a perfect day for baseball. Suddenly the weather switched from after sunny and beautiful to rainy and gray. The rain was so hard for about fifteen minutes that I couldn't see outside the window. Then the sun came out as if nothing had ever happened.  

I realized that there was a missed call from a phone number that I didn't recognize. The number was registered to a New York area code. My dad had mentioned that someone from the team may call me before the game so I called back.

"Hello" I heard a female voice coming from the other side of the line.

"Hello, I have a missed call from this number. I was wondering who it's" I was not really sure of what to say.

"Is this Isabelle Jensen?" The lady asked.

"Yes, this is her" I answered.

"Hi, I'm Stephanie Ryan. I work in the Yankee's Human Resources Department"

"Nice to meet you," I said still confused.

"Did you arrive at Safeco Field yet?" 
"No, I'm on my way ."

"Once you arrive, give me a call so I can get you" 

"Will do, Thank you" 

****

"We are here, Ms"  The driver announces as we were getting close to the stadium. The streets were close not allowing taxi cars to go inside the stadium. 

"Thank you, have a good night," I said as I pay for the ride.

"You too Ms, enjoy the game" 

"Thank you"

Once I stepped out of the car I called Stephanie. She picked up her phone after the second ring almost like she had been expecting my call.

"Hi, Stephanie I'm already here" 

"I'm on my way out" I heard her say but there was a big noise around her.

"I'm by the third gate," I raised my voice so that she could hear me better.

"I'm right around there" I could hear her said "Excused me" multiple times as she was walking around. 

"Okay, I'm by the third gate, what exactly are you wearing?"  

"A Yankees shirt and Black Leggings"  I explain realizing that there were many girls wearing that combination.

 After a couple of minutes passed by a blonde girl with glasses was in front of me,  she was pretty and in her mid-30s. She was wearing a dress and her long hair was up in a ponytail. She was beautiful and her friend was friendly. 

"Isabelle?"  She said with a smile that reached her eyes.

"Stephanie?" 

"Is really nice to meet you!, I hear a lot about you" She said with a little smile.

"Yeah, my dad is a little too much sometimes," I said a little embarrassed.

"Yeah, your dad,"  she said through her smile.

"So, should we go in?" I asked after a few minutes of awkward silence passed by.

"Yes, of course! I made sure that we have seats next to each other" she sounded very proud of that accomplishment.