Chapter 11

Wild Card Game Day-------------------->

You know that feeling of disbelief that you get when everything in your life just goes incredibly well for a long amount of time? Well that's what I've been feeling for the last couple of days. 

The Yankees are playing good baseball,  Aaron's season  is great and I haven't been bother by the press as much lately. Actually I think that they like me now, they have been calling me Aaron's lucky charm and I was taking full advantage of that when it came to reminding Aaron. For him it was a big joke but he has been saying it too.

Today was a big game it was the wild card the Yankees needed to win this game to officially be on their way towards the Postseason.

Aaron's parents are visiting New York for the weekend and I was a little bit nervous, I had talk to his mom on the phone and his dad had been here a couple of weeks ago and he had been really sweet.  Aaron was definitely raised by him and I love watching them together, I know that he is adopted but Aaron was Mr. Judge's son.

"You think that she would like me?" I asked Aaron for the twentieth  time this morning.

Aaron rolled his eyes and walked towards me,  he put my hair behind my ear and gave me a little smile. I felt how my heart melted. 

"I love you so much," he said shaking his head.

"But.." I said more like a question.

"No buts" He said placing a kiss on my forehead and the he hugged me. I  just loved being on his embrace. Hearing his heart beat so close to me made me calm down and I guess he had figure that out too.

*******

Stephanie and I are were on our way to pick up Aaron's parents from the airport. Stephanie kept getting weird calls about some issue that was going on at the stadium, the wild card stuff and some player having an event had her mind all over the issue.

"Eyes on the road!" I was trying to keep her present.

"Sorry, is just this is very important I can't mess it up" She hadn't really tell me what the whole thing ones but basically some player had a major event going on during the game and she needed to make sure that it all went as planned.

"This guy is about to get us kill" I said as I heard her phone ring again.

"I'm sorry Isa, it's a big deal!" 

**

I got a phone call from Aaron's dad while Stephanie and I were parking on the Airports's parking lot.

"Yes, Mr. Judge" I answered the phone as I walked out of the car.

"Hey honey, We arrived" 

"We are walking towards your terminal now" 

****

"You got to relax, Patty is really nice!" Stephanie said as we were about to cross the door to meet with Aaron's parents. 

"It's not the same. She probably saw all those things that they were writing about me, my God! this was a bad Idea. Meeting her without Aaron" I was having my fifth panic attack of the day.

"Isabelle! Aaron loves you and you make him so happy. If you could only see what I see. When you two are together the way he smiles is so beautiful what you two have. His mother will appreciate that you are making her son happy" I was a lost for words honestly so I just hugged her and said thank you.

We cross a little bridge and I spotted them. I let out a big breath, I say a little pray and made my way towards my in laws. 

"Oh, honey you are more beautiful than I remember" Aaron's dad said before he gave me a big hug.