Chapter 10

The Yankees are finally in Miami and I never thought that I would be so nervous. There was nothing more terrifying that having to face the media, but Stephanie thought this would be the best way of finally dealing with things. Coming clean.

I heard the doorbell right I ran downstairs. My dad was home.

"You always forget your key-" I stopped when I saw Aaron standing behind my dad. 

"Hi" He said with that killer smile that makes y heart go crazy.

"Aaron" Was all I managed to say.

"Hey, dad! had a good fly?" My dad said in a funny voice.

"Sorry, dad! I just didn't expect to see-"

"Your boyfriend, I get it I get it! no love for your old man now!" 

"OH COME ON! " I hugged him and kissed him. "You'll always be my best boy!" 

I could't believe that this was actually happening. Aaron was here in my house, in Miami with me and we were seating by the pool actually having a couple of relax hours.

"Aaron?" I called after him.

"Yes?" He said starring at me.

"I love you" I felt like I wanted to tell him that every minute. I saw how his eyes lit up and that beautiful smile was on his face.

"Isabelle Jacobs, you somehow manage to make me love you even more as the days go by" He said reaching out to kiss my hand. 

******

Stephanie sat next to me at Marlins Park and  somehow there was a big of a tension between us, we hadn't spoke about the "Aaron" situation and I was so uncomfortable, because I really wanted to talk to her the way that we usually did but I knew that she was holing back ad I didn't want to be the one who broke the silence. 

Aaron came up to bat and the place exploded in applause, there were many Yankees fans at the ballpark and we were seating right in the middle of them. 

I stand up too and started t cheer for my man, after all he was my man and everyone already knew it. 

Aaron only saw one pitch. It was all it took. He put a good swing on it and it was long gone. 

Stephanie and I hugged as we cheered, we were talking about how quick the ball got out of the stadium and then out of nowhere she was crying.

"I'm sorry, Isa. I know that you probably hate me but-" I cut her off with another hug.

"Steph, please."

"I know how much of a connection you tow have ever since you met and i felt like I was betraying you, when they told me about that publicity stunt I didn't know what t do" she was crying.

"Steph, it's okay, Aaron and I talked about it, we are good" 

"Still, how can you trust me ever again?"

"You were doing your job"

"If anything, Aaron never agreed to it and he wasn't about to change his mind either" I already knew that but still, I smiled because I felt so lucky that this amazing man was mine.

After the game we walked over to the family waiting room for the visiting team, as we were waiting for the guys to come out, many of the wives and girlfriends that had made the trip. 

One of the wives was carrying a baby while her other baby was trying to eat some mashed potatoes by herself, she was about two years old but she looked very mature.