Chapter 15

Aaron made a turn near a little park by the river. It was one of those hidden oasis in New York. In the middle of all the madness this was a peaceful place. 

Aaron took out a basket from the back of his car and I couldn't help it but smile. We walked to a little spot of the park  when we could see the river flow. Aaron put out a little blanked and lay it on the floor. We both sat down and then he put out a bottle of wine and two glasses. 

"So, I had planned a date with my girl today, but a lot of crazy things happened. They were all good things, but nothing is as good as a glass of wine with the love of my life" He spoke while serving the two glasses of wine. 

That was it. I was done. Here lays the body of Isabelle Jacobs, die by an overload of love. I honestly hope that Aaron and I last forever because if I ever had to date anybody else, the poor guy wouldn't stand a chance.

"Aaron James, you are going to ruin me for the world" I said.

"You won't be needing the world as long as I'm around" He said before reaching out for my face. He gave me an intense look and then gave me a quick kiss. 

"I sometimes wonder if you are even real" I said touching his face.

"All six-foot-seven  of me" He joked.

"The last six months have been the best of my life, thank you!" I said before giving him another quick kiss.

"Trust me, the next six months will be even better." he said pulling me close.

Under this beautiful night, I was looking at the star next to the man I love, there is a million things that I could possibly be doing right at this moment but sure as hell I wouldn't trade this for the world.

On the way to my house Aaron and I engaged in all kinds of silly conversations until we were a couple of blocks away and I searched in my little purse to find my keys. 

"Dad's probably sleeping and I can't find my keys" I said searching some more.

"I don't think he'll be sleeping, didn't he drive Stephanie home?" Aaron asked.

"Yes, but how long could that take him?" I asked. Then I looked at Aaron and he had a knowing smile on his face. "What?"  I asked.

"What, what?" He said.

"Don't play dumb, with me!" I said.

"I don't know what are you talking about!" Aaron said trying not to laugh but failing miserably.

"Aaron, why would my dad take long to drive Stephanie?" I had seen a couple of things that had me thinking but if Aaron knew something, he had to tell me.

"Well, it's New York!, traffic, plus they work together so maybe they ended up chatting about something, there is a million of reasons Isabelle!" Aaron said putting his hands in the air.

"They have become kind of close lately!" I said as I thought about the way my dad had been interacting with Steph lately.

"Yeah, they have it's a good thing!"  He smiled.

"Yeah, I think it's. I love Steph!" 

Aaron walked me to the building door and it was time to say goodbye. I hate saying goodbye to Aaron,  I loved spending the night with him but I couldn't say anything because this was my choice. I wanted to give him space so, I couldn't complain now.

"I had the best time today!" I said hugging Aaron.

"I still own you a date, I'll make it up to you  I promise"