Chapter 9

I haven't talk to Aaron in two days, he has tried to reach me but I came back to Miami , I needed the space and I knew that I wouldn't get it in New York. 

It's amazing how social media can be such a power tool both bad and good.  In only 3 days the pictures of me and Aaron had hit every single social media out there and as if it wasn't enough even the sports channels were into it too.

"Meet  Isabelle Jacobs, all you need to know about the girl who stole Aaron Judge's heart"  I heard Madison's voice as she was reading the page of a newspaper.

"Can you not!" I said wishing that this was all a bad dream.

"Oh this is gold!" Madison could't stop.

"Okay, what is it?" I finally I  gave in. 

"Is unclear when this two love birds started their fling but by the looks of it things are getting serious, as we spot Aaron giving his lady a very expensive piece of jewelry" Madison kept reading.

I just could't believe that somebody actually gets pay to write this stuff.

"Just hasn't really spoke about it but we can only gets that's what comes when you are dating your hitting coach's daughter" 

"OH MY GOD OKAY STOP!" I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Bells! when are you going to start acting like a grown woman?" Madison said calmly.

Her question caught me by surprise, a minute ago she was joking around with this article and now she was all business.

"I honestly don't know what to do, I haven't even talk to Aaron I don't know if he wants to know anything about me, honestly this is so messed up!" I said as the weight of everything that had happened in the last couple of days fell on me.

"Why haven't you talk to him?" 

"Because I don't know what to say, honestly I acted like a little girl and ran away and I didn't let him explain himself." I felt how my eyes started to fill up with tears.

"I think you should go back to New York, you guys should have a  talk."

****

I looked at my phone, it was Tyler calling me, Aaron's best friend. I picked up not sure of what to expect.

"Hello?" I say more like a question.

"Hey, you!"  I heard Tyler's voice in the other end of the line.

"How are you, Ty?" I tried to sound a normal as possible.

"I heard you are back in Miami"  Tyler was being so casual and I was honestly so thankful for that.

"Yeah, had to come home for a little bit" I felt weird attempting to lie because he knew what was the truth, everyone knew by now.

"That means that you'll be back soon?"

"Maybe"

"Maybe?"

"Yes"

"Look, Isabelle. I know things aren't particularly good, but I need you to come back" His tone of voice wasn't casual anymore, it was more like desperate.

"Tyler, I know that-"

"He is not the same" Tyler interrupted me. "Isabelle, you need to come or at least call him, I can't see my guy like this anymore it's been two days and I'm already sick of it" I hated to heard that, all this time I had been thinking about me and my feelings not realizing that I had been hurting Aaron as well, I didn't pick up his calls or answered to his text and now hearing about it made me even more mad, because I had been so selfish.