Chapter 13

I woke up and it was pass 10:30. For the last couple of days I had been sleeping at Aaron's place and now waking up alone in my own bed felt weird. It's amazing to me how quick we get used to things, situations and even people.

I quickly looked at my phone to see that I had a:

"Good Morning, beautiful"  

Text from Aaron , it was from a couple of hours  before. Even when he has a day off Aaron is an early raiser and he always has to do something like a workout routine, run,  anything to keep him going. There is not really days off for him.

I sent him a quick good morning text and went to take a shower. 

While in the shower I kept  thinking about everything that happened yesterday and I couldn't help it but smile. Life was so good the last couple of days I honestly don't think that anything can take away this much happiness from me.

*****

I made myself a pot of coffee and grabbed my phone I had a miss call from Aaron. I called him back. His phone rang a couple of times until he picked up.

"Hi, baby!" He said as he picked the phone.

"Morning, my love!" I said almost singing.

"Somebody is happy!" He joked.

"Yeah, I had a long morning of sleep, I think I needed that" 

"Oh, wow! I was missing you all night and you are happy to be away from me"  he said trying to sound hurt.

"Don't be silly! I just don't sleep a lot at your place" I said as the flashes of our late night adventures passed through my mind.

"Well, that's true. We watch a lot of movies" Aaron said with a little laugh.

"Right, the movies" I laughed as well.

"I missed you" He said in a serious tone of voice.

"I missed you more" I said loving the sound of those words coming from him.

"Did it hit you yet?, you are playing into the postseason?" I asked.

"Nope, still can't believe it" 

*****

It was about 7:30 and my dad hadn't arrive it was weird but them I thought that maybe he got caught up doing some work related things. I tried to call him a couple of times but he didn't pick up, which made me think that he was really busy. Aaron was supposed to pick me up at 8 so I was finishing up my make up. I don't really do much other than some lipstick and a little bit of blush but it was still something. I loved wearing red lipstick but I always end up leaving it all over Aaron, he doesn't really complain but since we are eating with the family I thought of behaving better. 

I looked at myself in the middle I was wearing a black dress with my brown hair up on a ponytail, big earrings and my red lipstick. I felt so pretty. Growing up I didn't have a mother to guide me on what to wear or how to do my hair so I mostly watched TV and looked into magazines to see what was trendy, I never really follow it but it was good for references. 

I heard my phone ring. It was Aaron.

"Yes, baby?" 

"Hey!" he sounded worried.

"What's wrong?" 

"I got caught doing something, Tyler will pick you up for dinner"

"Yeah, that's fine. Are you okay?"