Chapter 20

"Mom!, AJ and Bella won't let me play!" I heard the voice of my youngest son, Wade as he walked into the kitchen. 

Wade had recently turned five years old and even though he was big for his age his older brother and sister saw him as a baby. 

"Hey there baby!" I said trying to make his anger go away.

"You keep calling me baby that's why they do it!" He said taking a seat and crossing his arms against his chest. 

 I couldn't help it but laugh at my son's attitude out of the three he was definitely the one that looked more like me even in his wild behavior, but he had Aaron's eyes and his freckles right around his nose and of course he was named after his uncle Tyler Wade. 

"You are the youngest Wade, they want to protect you" I said taking a seat next to my boy at the kitchen table. 

"Maybe you should have another baby" I laughed at the seriousness of my son.

"Oh, that would solve it all!" I said trying no to laugh but failing miserably. 

"Yeah, if you have another baby I won't be the baby of the family, I'll talk to daddy about it" 

"What about?" Aaron asked as he entered the room.  He gave me a kiss and sat next to Wade.

At 38 my husband looked as good as ever and I still felt the luckiest woman alive because I had him by my side. I was so grateful for the life that we have been able to create together. 

We didn't have a typical relationship after a year of dating we got married. No engagement we just called our closest friends and did it over the Christmas break, Stephanie Officiated it and Wade was Aaron's best man, Madison was my maid of honor, which turned out to be a good thing because Tyler and her connected that day and never looked back. 

"AJ and Bella won't let me play with them, mom says it's because I'm the baby and I told her if she has another baby I won't be the baby anymore." Aaron wanted to laugh I could see it in his eyes but his voice came out serious as he spoke.

"I think that's a reasonable idea" My lovely husband answered.

"See mom? it's perfect!" 

"Of course it's baby!"  Aaron gave me a look.

"What are they playing ?" Aaron asked Wade.

"With the water guns around the patio because mom said she doesn't want games around the pool" 

"I see, don't you want to swing, with your old man?" I saw Wade's eyes light up as he heard his dad's idea.

"Can we called Uncle Ty so they all come?" 

"Of course we can!" I said grabbing my phone to send a quick text to Madison.

"Yes! I'll get my new Yankees swimming suit!" He said getting up in a jump!

"Awesome! I'll get my swimming suit too!"  Aaron said. He was meant to be a dad. It all came too easy for him. The way he cared for the kids and how he found ways to still be a present father even when the baseball season is in full swing. 

Wade ran out of the kitchen and then ran back inside. "About the baby thing, how soon can you make it!" Aaron and I were taken by surprise. 

"Let me talk to mom and we'll let you know, now get ready for the pool!" Wade ran out again.

After a couple of minutes passed by Aaron sat next to me. He kissed my cheek and placed his arm around my waist. "You look beautiful today!" Aaron whispered in my  ear. I just turned to face him and gave him a kiss.