Chapter 18

Once I came out of the bathroom I found Stephanie seating on her bed with a menu in her hand while speaking on the phone.  I went to my suitcase and dig to find something comfortable to wear. I looked at dress that I had packet for tonight's gala and I felt a little nostalgic. After last night things seem so good almost too good and well today proved it.

"You'll get to wear it don't worry" I was so lost in my own thoughts that  I hadn't realized that Stephanie was standing behind me.

"It was supposed to be for the gala" I said trying to play it off.

"The night is not over!" Stephanie said with a knowing smile.

"But  I don't think I'll be going out" I said getting my to my search for clear underwear.

As I put my clothes on Stephanie decided to take a shower. A couple of minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I walked towards the door so fast because honestly I was so hungry. Aaron and I didn't get to eat when we walked out and  I had only coffee at the cafe before everything got crazy.

I opened the door and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Aaron standing at the door wearing a black suite. He looked so handsome I just wanted to jump his bones right there.

"Hey!" He said almost like a whisper.

"Hey" I said back just as low.

We were standing in there just looking at each other for a couple of seconds. 

"You want to come in or are you late?"  I asked when the silent was getting uncomfortable.

"I got a couple of minutes" He said rubbing his hands together .  

I stepped aside so that he could enter the room. He did. 

"Nice suite" I said as I walked into the room.

"My girlfriend picked it for me" I heard him said as he walked behind me.

"She has a good taste" I said turning to face him again.

Even though this was one of our usual things it didn't feel like it. This wasn't us our voices filled with doubts and saying things unsure because we didn't know how the other would react. 

There was silence again. I hate this because it was so unusual there was never weird silence between us. This was really annoying,

"Isabelle, I want us to talk. I can't leave this room until I know that we are good" Aaron broke the silence.

"There is a lot that  you have to explain"I said finally letting out a breath.

"Ask and it'll be explained" Aaron said standing up straight.

"When we first met..-" I could't even find the words to say what had been rounding my mind the last couple of hours.

"When we first met I was in total awe. I was captured by your smile and your sassy way of answering my questions. I  was in love with your smile and the loud sound of your laugh." He closed his eyes for a moment. I wasn't sure if I was able to talk and there were actually no words for me to express everything that I wanted to say so  I waited. 

"Then I realized that even looking at you in that way was the worst thing that I could do because honestly you were my coaches daughter."  This time he was moving closer to me as he spoke and I wasn't able to move. 

"Were you talking to her when we met?" I asked out no where when the need to know the truth came over me.

"No, that's some made up story. Is the same girl. I never even met her. You need to believe me" Aaron say putting his hands on my cheeks. I closed my eyes feeling the warmth of his hands in my face. I loved his touch. I loved how this huge man was able to be so gentle.