Chapter 1- Booger Boy

Author's note: most of the time, distant family members (or family friends) (twice removed or not, doesn't matter) especially those of the opposite gender, can not be trusted. Girls are an exception, unless they are some sort of blood thirsty hyena.

9 years later....

I was sitting in my comfy chair, enjoying my book when my mother Queen Miranda came in, followed by a scrawny boy. Automatically, I got up to greet her.

"Hello Mother, who is this?" I asked, looking at the boy who was picking his nose (YUCK).

"Aurelia, this is Greyson. He will be your personal assistant." My mother said.

"Wha-? I thought Diane was doing a great job." I protested, referring to my private maid.

"Yes but recently she complained of back pain and....." Mother trailed off.

"Ughh but why does he need to be my assistant. Can't I have a female assistant?" I pouted, glaring at the sniggering boy.

"Don't be rude Aurelia, Greyson is a family friend and I trust him to be responsible. Now, no arguing. I'll leave you two to get to know each other." My mother said firmly, before turning on her heels and walking away briskly. After all, she did have a kingdom to manage.

"Right. Who are you?" I sighed, collapsing back into my chair.

"I'm Greyson Van Doren, the son of Duchess Mallory." He said smugly.

"Mhmm. I'm Princess Aurelia Archer, the daughter of Queen Miranda and KING Robert. The true rulers of this country due to them proving their allegiance through a fearsome battle. You know, I found this truly engaging history book that talked about the bravery of true heroes! And MY parents were IN it. I'll see if I can add your parents in a small corner. That is, if they did anything worth remembering other than inheriting such a low position.So there, you can go lump it, you punk!" I said, imitating his tone. He shot me a death stare at pointed at my head.

" I'll have you know that MY parents saved yours when your beloved mummy and daddy got shipwrecked because KING Robert over here decided to fish for a giant squid. Anyways, we both have the same hair. But of course, I look better. " He pointed snidely. I pulled a face and grabbed at my messy hair. Indeed, we both had the same white-blonde hair and same blue eyes. It was shocking, we almost looked like twins.

"Ughhh, I can't believe I look like an idiot like you." I remarked.

"Nah, I'm still way hotter." He said proudly.

"Well that means I'm cooler than you. And who knows, to make you hotter for your non-existent fans, I'll light your bed on fire one night." I shot back. Greyson's smirk faded.

"Anyways, I'm supposed to escort you to your room. Your mother is having important guests over and you have to at least look half-decent." He said, trying to change the subject.

"Ughhh not again. By the way, you're disgusting." I said as I got out of my chair.

"Huh, well you should respect your elders." Greyson said.

"Pfffft, how old are you anyway?" I argued as we walked through the corridors.

"18." He bragged. Damn it, he's a year older.

"Huh, well your mental age is about...........2 months old. And what I am saying is, is that you are an 18 year old person who regresses back to a 4 year old, whose bodyguard hates you and is unfortunately your caregiver. So unless, you want me to throw that out there. You better watch where you step. And where you sleep." I said as I walked into my suite and slammed the door behind me.

"Your mother wants you to wear the red silk dress." Greyson called through the door. Ughh......not that dress! Don't tell me I need to wear a corset too........

"Oh and she wants you to wear a corset too!" He yelled again. Speak of the Devil....

"Ughhhh whatever Booger Boy!" I shouted as I grabbed the dress (aka. Torturing device). Seriously, if he keeps annoying me, my dress WILL be red. And not from fabric dye....(by that I mean his blood)

"What did you just call me?"

"Don't think I didn't see you looking for unrefined gold up there in your nose canals!" I replied, cringing as I tightened the strings of the corset. I had never been dressed by a maid before, Mother always insisted that dressing myself was a basic life skill.

"Whatever, I expect you to be out in 20 minutes!" He mumbled gruffly. Ha! One point to me!

25 minutes later...

I applied the last layer of lipstick before stepping back to look at myself in the mirror. The dress was so tight that I couldn't even bend over and the heels were killing me.

"Oi, ya done yet! You should've been out here 5 minutes ago!" Greyson yelled impatiently. I sighed, opening the door so quickly that he almost fell over.

"Geeez, I'm done. Can we get going now?" I huffed, readjusting my elaborate braid.

"What took you so long?" Booger Boy complained.

"This." I said, pointing to my winged eyeliner.

"Ugh, whatever. Hurry up." He rolled his eyes and gave me a shove that almost unbalanced me in those stupid stilettos I was wearing.  Deep breathes, Aurelia. Mother wouldn't be happy if you killed your annoying assistant within the first hour.

Author's note: all little space parts will hereby be written by Marshmallow_nim