Chapter 18- The Dark Volcano

[AURELIA'S POV]

We looked at each other uncertainty as the earth continued to quake under our very feet.

I peered outside my tent to see a dark cloud of smoke arise far, far away. Cashew mumbled nervously.

"The Cursed Volcano is going to erupt. This is a sign! A terrible omen! Aurelia, you must hurry and grasp your Healer powers before it's too late! Soon the Dark Healer himself will emerge from the volcanic eruption."

I looked down at the Dark Stone. It's deathly glow was pulsing in my hand. Crawling out of my tent; I faced the confused expressions before me.

" What's happening?" Someone asked.

" I don't know but we need to find mother immediately. We'll start by looking downstream." I ordered.

Hours later, we were still trekking downstream when I head a twig snap. I looked around.

"What was that?" I asked uncertainly. I could sense the presence of something rather suspicious.

"Sorry. That would be me." One of the party members grinned sheepishly. I sighed and continued to walk forward until another stick snapped in front of me.

That's strange. Nobody is walking in front of me.

"My sincere apologies, that would be me." A hooded figure came into view. I groaned at the sound of his voice.

"Seriously? You again? Didn't I tell you to inform me in advance when you're going to visit us? I didn't even get a chance to poison the tea!" I pouted sarcastically. Romano smirked.

"Awww princess, that hurt!" He whined, clutching his heart mockingly. I put my hands behind my back, signalling my team with some hand gestures. Falcone coughed twice to confirm that they would back me up.

"You know what else hurts?" I asked, rolling my sleeves up.

"What?" Romano asked amusedly.

"This!" A punch hit him in the nose, Romano stumbles back. "And this!" My fist connected with his chest. "And this, this, this, this, and this!" I lashed out with a series of kicks and punches. Romano picked himself up from the ground and glared at me.

"You bitch! Seize her!" He roared in anger. Suddenly, many other figures appeared from behind trees waving their swords. I pulled out my dagger.

"What? You got beat up by a dainty princess and you need your friends to avenge you? Fight me!" I challenged. I heard Falcone whistle twice before my team and I charged forward. The blade of my dagger found Romano's arm, causing blood to gush out.

"How dare you!" He yelled, aiming his sword at my neck. I ducked down and swept my leg around to hit the back of his knee. Romano stumbled at the impact and dropped his sword, I picked it up quickly and pointed it at him.

"Well?" I questioned. Romano slowly put his arms up.

"I- we'll retreat." He said reluctantly.

"And will you bother us again?" My posture loosened slightly to see if he would take the chance to attack me again.

And...he did.

Before I knew it, Romano for a good kick in my leg and I fell onto the dirt below us. He snatched the sword and pressed it to my neck.

"So....another one bites the dust." He sneered at me. I mirrored his sneer and laughed.

"Huh, you think I'd let down my guard so easily? Think again!" I yelled before rolling away from the blade. Jumping up, I landed a kick onto Romano's lower department before grabbing back his sword.