Chapter 3- The History of Wolves

After the torturous dinner, I limped back to my room (I managed to sprain my ankle). As soon as I saw my bed, I literally threw myself at it and laid there for a while. Suddenly, the windows closed with a click. I jolted up, to see nobody there. Grabbing my dagger from under my pillow, I crept up to my window. Seeing nothing, I went back to bed, as I passed my bedside table, I noticed that there was a old book on the table. I picked it up and bought it into the bed with me.

"The History of Wolves." I read, gently flipping the book open and began to read:

"2000 years ago, 2 wolf packs dominated Arcadia. There was Light Pack, a pack containing white wolves with blue eyes. They fed off people's generosity and maintained peace across the land. However, they gradually became weaker as greed engulfed people. This meant that Shadow Pack grew stronger. Unlike the Light Pack, they ate greed and began to thrive. The Shadow Clan have black fur and green eyes and they soon over powered the Light Pack. Legend says that these 2 packs still exist and the only way to stop the Shadow Pack was to be a Light Healer. Light Healers have very pale hair and blue eyes and are often humans..."

I snapped the book shut, drenched with sweat. Pale hair? Blue eyes? That was an accurate description of me! Am I a.....Light Healer? Is Booger Boy a Light Healer too? I remembered the bedtime stories Mother used to tell me about Shadow Pack. I thought back to the dinner....

*flashback begins*

"Why....you have very interesting eyes. And your hair..." a voice said. I spun around, to see Daniel looking at me, holding a glass of wine.

"Why thank you." I said politely.

"You know, it reminds me of... my enemies." He continued.

"Haha.....really?" I laughed nervously.

"Yes... indeed." Daniel smirked, revealing some very canine like teeth.

*flashback ends*

Daniel......he had black hair and green eyes, just as described in the book. Was he part of the Shadow Pack? Although it was far-fetched, it kind of made sense. That night, I slipped into some very uneasy dreams....

*dream begins*

A white female wolf growls at the massive black wolf in front of her.

"You will never win!" She snarled.

"Or will I? Face it, Aurora. People are greedy now, and soon you'll die out with your miserable little pack!" The black wolf howled. Aurora unsheathed her claws.

"Oh really now? The princess and her assistant happen to be Light Healers. As long as they live, Light Pack will stand." She replied.

"Well, we'll see how well Light Pack will survive once I kill off these Healers."

"No! You wouldn't dare!" Aurora gasped, gripping the ground with her claws.

"Yes I will, Aurora. Or shall I say......sister?" The black wolf taunted.

"Daniel, what's wrong with you? You used to be one of us!" Aurora whined. Daniel gave a wolfish grin.

"Face it, Light Pack will soon die. Come join the dark side, you'll be happier." He said, raising a paw to bat a nocturnal rodent away.

"No!"

"Well, goodbye then." Daniel said loftily, before turning around to leave. But Aurora saw a hint of sadness in her brother's green eyes.

*dream ends*