Chapter 2- The Light Pack

I hobbled along in my daft heels, all the way to the dining hall. And Booger Boy was no help at all.

"Hurry up. The guests will be arriving in 10 minutes and 28 seconds." He reported, looking at his pocket watch.

"Seriously? Will you and your beloved watch help me get to the dining hall in time? NO! You have a right to remain silent!" I hissed angrily, pulling off my shoes and choosing to run barefoot instead.

"Geeez finally, you're now running at the same pace as........ a dead sloth." Greyson 'encouraged'.

"Huh, then I'm assuming you have a better way of transport?" I shot back.

"Yes, I do." He said, before hoisting me up and carrying me over the shoulder like OLD FURNITURE.

"PUT ME DOWN." I yelled as he began to run.

"No, we'll be late the pace you're going. By the way, what kind of perfume are you wearing? It smells like a skunk." He commented as we zoomed past room after room.

"No, it's vanilla you idiot! Your FAVOURITE ice cream flavour. If it smells like stunk, next time you eat it, I don't wanna smell your breath. Honestly, for someone who picks his nose so much, you would think that he can actually breath in some bloody scents. Unless of course, you still haven't cleared up your piggy nostrils. And I said PUT ME DOWN." I commanded.

"No." Booger Boy replied stubbornly.

"Well then you leave me no choice." I clutched my shoes in my hand and stabbed the heel part as hard as I could into his privates.

"OWWWW!!!!!!!!" Greyson dropped me onto the floor and crumpled up in pain. I stood up, smoothening my skirt out.

"Thanks for the ride. Now if you don't mind, I have a dinner to go to." I said, leaving Booger Boy alone as I walked away.

Soon enough I arrived at the dining hall to see Mother and Father talking to a man with jet black hair and sharp green eyes. I walked over as daintily as I could but almost tripped over, despite my efforts.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Aurelia." I said, shaking the man's hand. His eyes widened when he saw my hair but quickly masked his shock. I smoothed over my braid to find that not one hair was out of place. Why is he so surprised?

"Aurelia, this is Daniel Hartman. He is your father's good friend and is the commander in the army." Mother said. But I a strange feeling about him. And so, the dinner began...

                                                                             **************************************

A white figure gazed out into the darkness and let out a howl. Instantly, several howls were combined into hers as a pack of white wolves gathered around.

"Dearest kin, our food is running low. People are becoming greedy. Not much innocent souls remain, and I hear the Shadow Pack are going to attack soon. They've sent their leader, Daniel to sneak into the castle. I'm afraid the end may be near. Our only hope is the princess and her new assistant, they are the only Light Healers left. We must act, before it's too late."