0.5

you:

oh god i was right

you:

dahye started dating the daniel in my class

you:

and now i'm stuck with them in a trashy ass café that doesn't even play good music

you:

this sucks i just wanna get some ramyun from the convenience store

daniel 😸:

aw come on it can't be that bad

you:

it IS that bad

you:

all i hear is his stupid laughter and her stupid giggling

you:

i'm just hiding behind my bag so i don't accidentally make eye contact with him

daniel 😸:

go get a drink or something then, the line is usually super long at this time

you:

ooh you're right

you:

this is my chance i'm making my escape

you:

i don't wanna live this third-wheeler life anymore

[narration]

throwing my bag onto the vacant seat next to me, i grabbed my wallet and my phone, excused myself from the table and slipped over to the queue at the counter.

there was at least 20 people waiting in line, so i heaved a sigh of relief and whipped out my phone.

i was about to go into the chat with daniel, but decided that i've bothered him enough, and instead began to choose what to order from the café's surprisingly large selection of drinks and pastries.

after waiting for 15 minutes, i walked back to the table with a tray with three cups of hot coffee and a piece of chocolate cake, that i wasn't going to share with either of them because i'm petty and salty.

"here, i got you two coffee. the cake's mine, so don't even bother asking for a bite, i don't share food." i said in the bitchiest tone i've ever spoken in. this is revenge for making me listen to all their lovey dovey crap for an hour straight.

"aw, but i'm hungry.." dahye mumbled with a pout, making me inwardly face-wall because i knew what was going to happen next.

"i'll buy you food, what do you want to eat?" daniel, the fuckboy, hummed sweetly. dahye looked at him with literal hearts in her eyes, and i had to shove my fork into my mouth to stop the chocolate from coming out.

"hm, i don't know, let's go take a look, danny!" she exclaimed, and they both walked over to the counter and examined the menu with interlocked hands.

i cringed so hard my neck almost morphed into my body, like how a turtle hides itself when it gets startled.

you:

oh my god i can't stand this anymore

you:

she called him DANNY like why the fuck did she call him danny i don't understand

i furrowed my brows when the phone on the table rang the same exact time i sent the message to daniel, but shrugged the suspicious feeling off my shoulders and continued to devour the remaining chocolate cake on the plate.

the two lovebirds (not for long) returned with their food, and i couldn't help but roll my eyes at the fact that dahye was eating a plate of salad.

that bitch NEVER eats salads, she told me she found them disgusting just a few days ago. what a fake hoe, pretending to be all healthy when she stuffs chips down her throat 24/7. i'm onto you, dahye, watch out.

my phone buzzed, and i stopped giving the girl in front of me the nasty eye to check on my notification.

daniel 😸:

it's probably just a pet name, pet names do tend to be a little disgusting most of the time

you:

i guess, but she said it in public, not only that, right in front of my face too??

you:

oh god now they're feeding each other

you:

i'm about to get the fuck outta here i don't wanna see this crap anymore

clearing my throat, i gathered all the courage in my system and took a deep breath.

"sorry for interrupting your very romantic lunch date but this third-wheeler has got a lot of homework to do, AT HOME, so if you don't mind i'll leave first. enjoy your food, bye." i spluttered out, quickly grabbing all my stuff and dashed out of the café.

i heaved another sigh of relief and grinned at myself. damn, freedom feels good.