3.2

(narration)

squeezing through the afternoon crowd, i squinted my eyes, trying to search for a certain tall brunette that was hidden amongst the ocean of human beings.

it was saturday, and there were a crap ton of people at lotte world. daniel had to go to the toilet right after we bought our tickets and entered the park, so i was forced to wait for him.

"kang daniel!" i yelled as loud as i possibly could, and immediately, a few heads turned to look me. only one of them came running towards me with a wide grin, though.

"sorry for making you wait, the queue in the toilet is long as hell." daniel slung an arm on my shoulder, smiling down at me.

since he was so much taller than me, i had to raise my head to look at him when i spoke.

"your arm is heavy, you're gonna make me shorter!" i exclaimed dramatically, attempting to peel his long arm off my shoulder. but we all know that this was a fight i couldn't win, no matter what i did.

"let's go to the haunted house!" daniel suggested in a sing-song voice. a look of horror washed across my face, and i immediately retorted with a 'no!'.

daniel didn't seem to care about my response, though, and began to drag my flailing body towards the spooky-looking building that i really did not want to enter.

"this is a scare-zone that is not suitable for pregnant women, the elderly, children below the age of 10 and people with heart problems. for the rest, enter at your own risk!" i mumbled out the words written on the board that was placed outside the haunted house.

"hey, it says enter at your own risk! i don't wanna risk it, so can i not enter?" i tried to keep myself out of this spooky ass place, but daniel just shook his head, chuckling at my lame reason.

"don't worry, rin, it's not like you're not gonna die or something. it's gonna be fun." he pulled me into the dark room by my arm, and my stomach started to churn instantly.

almost immediately after we stepped inside, a woman with long, black hair that covered every single inch of her pale face, popped out in front of us.

we both screeched at the terrifying sight, incoherent curse words shot out of our mouths automatically.

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID IT'S NOT LIKE I'M GONNA DIE OR SOMETHING?" i yelled at daniel, who was desperately trying to run past the ghost lady.

"FORGET WHAT I SAID, WE'RE BOTH GONNA FUCKING DIE IN HERE!" he yelled back, and we managed to run away from the woman, who retreated back into the black curtains on the wall she came out from previously.

we were clinging onto each other in fear, and when we thought that we were finally going to get out of this hell, another spooky fucker jumped out of absolutely nowhere, screaming at our faces as if we were the scary ones.

we screamed back at it, and it did the exact same to us. this cycle repeated itself for about 5 times before i decided that i did not want to lose my godamn voice.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA SCARE ME? I THINK THE FUCK NOT, TRICK ASS BITCH!" screeching at the figure, i pulled daniel out of the haunted house, ignoring the creature's futile last attempts at trying to scare us.

when we got out, i've never been so happy to see sunlight in my entire life. i shot daniel a glare, and he rubbed the back of his nape in embarrassment.

"um, let's just pretend that whatever happened back there did not happen. i totally did not scream like a 10-year old girl, what you heard was yourself, not me." i rolled my eyes, "sure, if that helps you sleep at night."

to cure the humiliation, we rode the carousel until the sun set and the sky turned dark, only taking breaks when we had to pee or when we got hungry.

we got several weird glances from other people for arguing over who's horse was prettier, but we didn't care, because there was simply no reason to.

"hey, daniel?"

"mhm?"

"thank you."

"for what?"

"for everything."

"since when did you become so nice?"

"oh, shut up, don't ruin the moment."

"..."

"hey, rin?"

"what?"

"do you know the real reason why i didn't go on a date with that lee sua girl?"

"no?"

"because she made me realise that there was already someone that i wanted to be with."

"oh? who might that be?"

"you."