2.1

[narration]

i didn't realise that i had fallen asleep until the same woman at the counter gave me a tap on the shoulder to wake me up from possibly the most uncomfortable sleeping position i've ever been in.

"sorry for disturbing you, but i've been informed that kang daniel has just finished his surgery. he's resting in the ICU right now. i can bring you to his ward, but you can't stay for too long because he needs time to rest. is that okay?" i hurriedly bolted up from my seat, nodding frantically.

grabbing my bag, i followed the woman further into the hospital, into a separate area with 'ICU' labelled at the entrance.

there were separate rooms for each patient, and when she opened the door to daniel's ward, i didn't even care that there were tubes connected to the upper half of his body.

he was okay, he was alive, that's all that mattered.

"i'm sorry, but this is the closest you can get to the patient until his condition turns stable. please leave your contact number with us so that we can update you on the condition of the patient." she said, her smile still not leaving her face.

"okay, i will. thank you so much." i returned her smile with a forced one, hoping that it didn't look too fake. after leaving my contact number with her, i had to leave daniel's ward. i knew i had no choice but to follow the hospital's instructions, and i was too tired to protest anyways, so i reluctantly left the hospital.

i had to take another cab home, but thankfully, the taxi fee wasn't high since it was already approaching 4am in the morning. i couldn't keep my eyes open during the journey home, and my eyelids grew so heavy that i fell asleep as soon as i finished giving the driver my address.

when i got home, it was close to 5am. i took the shortest shower in my life, groggily put on some pyjamas and climbed into bed. it didn't take any time for me to fall asleep, all it took was for my head to touch my pillow, and i was sleeping as soundly as a baby.

i wondered if daniel had regained his consciousness. if he has, is he sleeping as well as i was right now? well, with so many tubes in his body, i don't think he would be able to sleep well.

wait, i thought i was supposed to be sleeping? there's sleep talking, sleep walking, am i sleep thinking right now?

(a/n: i just wanted to say that i really did not expect this book to hit 1k reads so quickly?? it's at 1.5k now too, which is actually so fucking crazy omgqhsish thank you to everyone who reads this shitty book, i love you ❤)