Chapter Twenty-Five

Kane had put me to sleep last night, I was fast asleep on his shoulder at midnight so he carried me to bed. I briefly remember thanking him before rolling over as he left whispering 'I love you Dani. Always will,' as he closed the door and left.

I was sitting on the balcony watching the sun rise. I had woken up three times last night, once in the corner, once yelling, and the last time I was shaking so bad I kicked the wall. My foot hurt a little but I blocked it out.

I heard a knock at the door and I was confused, having no idea who it could be. I walked to it and gasped when I opened it.

"I didn't think I would see you today."

"We forgot to bring the travel mugs in yesterday."

"Is that why you came?"

"Yes and no. Yes, but I really just wanted to see you."

"I'm glad."

He took my hand and walked to the balcony. We curled up again and were silent as it rose ever so slowly in the sky.

An hour and a half later he half-moaned-half-sighed, "I don't want to leave."

"I don't want you to leave either."

"Is it okay if I swing by after work? I'm going to do a couple layers and swing by home to work on the table, but I should be done by dinner."

"Sounds like a plan. Kat is hanging out with friends tonight, she invited me but I declined, so I'm free."

"How about I bring something and make dinner?"

"Okay. I'd love that."

"Then I will be here. Say about six?"

"Sure."

We got up and wrapped the blanket around us as we headed inside.

Kat was still asleep so I had time to get ready.

"Do you want a coffee to go?" I asked as I made a fresh pot.

"If you don't mind."

"Of course not." I poured him one in a travel mug, and myself one in a cup.

I handed it to him, "Thanks beautiful."

"No problem handsome."

He smiled and hugged me, "I better get going or I'll never leave, not that I think that's a bad idea, but I don't want to crash your girls day."

"Yeah, three's a crowd."

"Really?"

"Well it is if the third is a guy on girls day."

"I see. Okay. Bye Dani." We hugged and he whispered in my ear, "I love you."

He slowly pulled away and I reached up to kiss him, "I love you too Kane."

He had a big smile on his face as he left.

I had been sitting on the balcony for ten minutes, before I heard Kat wake up. I walked to the kitchen and put my mug in the sink.

"Good morning Kat."

"You are way too happy in the morning."

"It's my favourite time of day."

"Yes but why do you start it at like four in the morning?"

"So I can see the sun. What did you want to do today?"

"Shop, I need a couple things. And Stacy asked if you were coming back in, so I told her you would today, if you didn't mind, and I figured we could catch a movie."