Chapter Thirty-Three

I woke up and was shocked, I didn't wake up once throughout the night. I felt relaxed and more rested than I had in years, owing it all to Kane.

I got up slowly and jumped in the shower. I poured two coffees after I got out and sat on the floor leaning on the window, watching Kane.

He looked so peaceful and relaxed sitting there.

His free hand had wrapped around the pillow I had been on and his face scrunched up, "That's not you," it was mumbled and I laughed, "That's you. But you sound really far away."

"I didn't want to wake you."

"Come here," he hadn't even opened his eyes yet, but he moved the pillow for me and I put my coffee on the table beside his before curling up against him.

"Mmm, you smell delicious again. I feel like when I open my eyes, we should be on a beach somewhere in our bathing suits, watching the palm trees sway in the sunset."

"All that from coconut shampoo?"

"Yep." He snuggled me closer and I put my head on his chest, "This is a good morning."

"Did you sleep okay sitting like that?"

"Yeah, I feel fine."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I thought I might hurt but I'm good."

"That's good, so your sleep was good?"

"It was the best ever. I had a dream combining all the others. Did you sleep?"

"This is the first time I've never woken up to nightmares."

"Can we sleep like that again?"

"Only if it truly doesn't hurt."

"Thank you."

"No, thank you. I haven't slept that long in years," 'unless I was passed out in pain'.

"I'm happy I could do something for you."

"You always do, this was just longer. What are we doing today?"

"I was thinking skating or a museum."

"I thought your sister wanted to go to a museum?"

"She does, do you want the three of us to go Saturday? That's a good idea."

"I guess so, she seems like a spout of knowledge."

"She is. She remembers facts, definitions, terms, numbers, everything. She has a great memory and applies herself to everything, so she has knowledge all over, not just business or history. She loves animals too, maybe we should go to the evolution one unless that sounds boring."

"No, I think it will be fun."

"So Saturday it is, I'll let Jaz know."

"Okay. Can I ask you something?"

"Dani, you don't have to ask me."

"What were you and your sister saying yesterday?"

"Saying?"

"Yeah, but you weren't actually speaking I was confused."

"I'm sorry, I don't even think about it, we've just always done that. Yesterday when I said you meant more to me than just cooking, she asked how much more. I told her that you were my everything."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Was she mad? Does she not like me?"

"She was actually really happy for me, she said I deserved the best and I told her I didn't deserve you."

"You guys said a lot."